Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 3034295 times)

0 Members and 42 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline barrier

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8820 on: October 25, 2020, 08:45:19 AM »
https://youtu.be/SgVWFdDnSXQ
The real wild child (Iggy pop) does a passable version.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8821 on: October 25, 2020, 09:22:41 AM »
Bring yourself up to speed
https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/eu-affairs/132610/european-court-rejects-appeal-from-madeleine-mccann-suspect/

That was a decision on whether they had to right to arrest Brueckner for one crime and try him for another. It wasn't to do with whether the verdict of the trial was legally binding.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8822 on: October 25, 2020, 09:31:25 AM »
That was a decision on whether they had to right to arrest Brueckner for one crime and try him for another. It wasn't to do with whether the verdict of the trial was legally binding.

On what basis was his lawyer challenging the verdict.....on the right to try him for the crime. The judgemnet therefore makes the verdict legally binding

have you read the article..it says..

Brückner will now have to serve out his seven-year sentence in Germany. In the meantime, police in the UK and Portugal will continue to investigate his possible involvement in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8823 on: October 25, 2020, 10:14:26 AM »
That was a decision on whether they had to right to arrest Brueckner for one crime and try him for another. It wasn't to do with whether the verdict of the trial was legally binding.
So he's also appealing the rape sentence is he?  Do you have a cite?  Presumably if true he has found new evidence that exonerates him?
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8824 on: October 25, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »
So he's also appealing the rape sentence is he?  Do you have a cite?  Presumably if true he has found new evidence that exonerates him?

Maybe. Perhaps it will turn out to be one of these miscarriages of justice that people get excited about.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8825 on: October 25, 2020, 10:28:01 AM »
On what basis was his lawyer challenging the verdict.....on the right to try him for the crime. The judgemnet therefore makes the verdict legally binding

have you read the article..it says..

Brückner will now have to serve out his seven-year sentence in Germany. In the meantime, police in the UK and Portugal will continue to investigate his possible involvement in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

I have reason to believe that the sentence for rape has been appealed against;

"he was sentenced to seven years in prison by the Braunschweig Regional Court for raping a 72-year-old girl in the Algarve in 2005. This penalty is currently being examined by the Federal Court of Justice and is not final."
https://www.fnp.de/deutschland/maddie-mccann-anwalt-christian-b-kritik-medien-vermisst-tot-verdacht-zr-13810982.html

The Federal Court of Justice is Germany's Supreme Court.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8826 on: October 25, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »
I have reason to believe that the sentence for rape has been appealed against;

"he was sentenced to seven years in prison by the Braunschweig Regional Court for raping a 72-year-old girl in the Algarve in 2005. This penalty is currently being examined by the Federal Court of Justice and is not final."
https://www.fnp.de/deutschland/maddie-mccann-anwalt-christian-b-kritik-medien-vermisst-tot-verdacht-zr-13810982.html

The Federal Court of Justice is Germany's Supreme Court.

Jesus H,  did he rape this 72 year old woman or not?  And since Portugal were doing nothing about it, who do you think should have done?

But it has rather put to bed that Portugal has primacy on crimes committed in Portugal.  They obviously don't.

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8827 on: October 25, 2020, 12:19:29 PM »
Jesus H, did he rape this 72 year old woman or not?  And since Portugal were doing nothing about it, who do you think should have done?

But it has rather put to bed that Portugal has primacy on crimes committed in Portugal.  They obviously don't.
Who knows ?

I'm sure having 'possession' of the suspect  and his/her nationality must affect a country's decision to prosecute
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:27:14 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8828 on: October 25, 2020, 12:25:21 PM »
Jesus H,  did he rape this 72 year old woman or not?  And since Portugal were doing nothing about it, who do you think should have done?

But it has rather put to bed that Portugal has primacy on crimes committed in Portugal.  They obviously don't.

I don't know what evidence was used to convict CB of rape, so I have no opinion on whether it was a sound conviction or not.

I'm not sure why Portugal didn't prosecute CB. Maybe they didn't have the evidence which his friends provided for the German trial, or it was insufficient in their opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8829 on: October 25, 2020, 12:28:44 PM »
I have reason to believe that the sentence for rape has been appealed against;

"he was sentenced to seven years in prison by the Braunschweig Regional Court for raping a 72-year-old girl in the Algarve in 2005. This penalty is currently being examined by the Federal Court of Justice and is not final."
https://www.fnp.de/deutschland/maddie-mccann-anwalt-christian-b-kritik-medien-vermisst-tot-verdacht-zr-13810982.html

The Federal Court of Justice is Germany's Supreme Court.

do you have  acite for that...or at least apointer where the info is in the link you have sent

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8830 on: October 25, 2020, 12:46:57 PM »
I have reason to believe that the sentence for rape has been appealed against;

"he was sentenced to seven years in prison by the Braunschweig Regional Court for raping a 72-year-old girl in the Algarve in 2005. This penalty is currently being examined by the Federal Court of Justice and is not final."
https://www.fnp.de/deutschland/maddie-mccann-anwalt-christian-b-kritik-medien-vermisst-tot-verdacht-zr-13810982.html

The Federal Court of Justice is Germany's Supreme Court.

whats the date on that statement...as I recall the German court referred to the ECJ fir advice who ruled in dec the trial was legal...looks like im right,.. the article you quoted is from june
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:50:07 PM by Davel »

Online Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8831 on: October 25, 2020, 12:53:26 PM »
Who knows ?

I'm sure having 'possession' of the suspect  and his/her nationality must affect a country's decision to prosecute

So Britain can prosecute a British Subject living in Britain for a crime committed abroad.  Thank God we got that one sorted.

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8832 on: October 25, 2020, 12:54:24 PM »
So Britain can prosecute a British Subject living in Britain for a crime committed abroad.  Thank God we got that one sorted.

Not necessarily - it depends on the crime, apparently.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8833 on: October 25, 2020, 12:56:41 PM »
I don't know what evidence was used to convict CB of rape, so I have no opinion on whether it was a sound conviction or not.

I'm not sure why Portugal didn't prosecute CB. Maybe they didn't have the evidence which his friends provided for the German trial, or it was insufficient in their opinion.

So now the evidence of his friends does matter.  Sorry, I thought his friends were stitching him up for lighter sentences.

Online Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8834 on: October 25, 2020, 12:58:34 PM »
Not necessarily - it depends on the crime, apparently.

So which Crimes does this apply to?