Is this the McCann’s sentiment?
I'm not privy to their thoughts, I'm expressing my own and in my opinion Wolters behaved badly. Publicising his belief that a child is dead without thinking of the effect on her parents is cold and unfeeling. Especially when he seems to lack definitive evidence.
13/06/2020
In an exclusive interview, Mr Wolters confirmed that there is no forensic evidence to show Maddie is dead.
And despite previously saying he believes suspect Christian Bruckner killed her quickly, he said: “It was only personal opinion and speculation.”
A friend of the McCanns slammed him last night, saying: “You shouldn’t say it if you don’t know for a fact...
Mr Wolters, a state prosecutor in Braunschweig, said: “Because there is no forensic evidence there may be a little bit of hope.
“We don’t want to kill the hope and because there is no forensic evidence it may be possible. I am surprised the fact we say or I say Madeleine is dead is so important for the British people. In Germany it’s more normal we investigate a murder in such a case, so it’s not so important. It’s more normal.”...
Asked about saying Madeleine was killed quickly, he said: “That was private opinion and speculation... without facts. I said ‘I believe’ because in cases where children were kidnapped, they made a sexual crime then killed.’”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-could-still-alive-22187901