Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 3029291 times)

0 Members and 59 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Myster

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15420 on: October 23, 2024, 07:48:54 PM »
Another anti McCann [ censored word ]y gets his comeuppance in court, further evidence that you’d have to be like RDH - mad or bad to subscribe to these ridiculous opinions.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/manchester-bombing-survivors-win-harassment-case-against-conspiracy-theorist-2024-10-23/
I wonder if hundreds of Hall's equally deluded, crackpot supporters have gifted him enough dosh to pay all his Court costs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOaWwMpiAVc&ab_channel=GoodMorningBritain
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15421 on: October 23, 2024, 08:12:44 PM »
I wonder if hundreds of Hall's equally deluded, crackpot supporters have gifted him enough dosh to pay all his Court costs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOaWwMpiAVc&ab_channel=GoodMorningBritain
Jeez, the loons are bangng on about Brenda Leyland in the comments, it would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic.
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15422 on: October 29, 2024, 08:05:53 PM »
What is wrong with our justice system, it’s as bad as Germany’s when it comes to crimes against women and children!

https://news.sky.com/story/ex-us-air-force-pilot-cleared-of-kidnapping-and-sexually-assaulting-girl-9-who-was-lost-on-trip-to-london-13244029
What were the jury thinking?! 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2024, 08:08:47 PM by Venturi Swirl »
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline Myster

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15423 on: October 30, 2024, 10:43:12 AM »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15424 on: October 30, 2024, 06:19:12 PM »
If at first you don't succeed...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-14019221/robert-prussak-charged-possessing-making-indecent-images-children.html
In a way this makes it even more galling.  Clearly the girl was telling the truth but the jury chose to disbelieve her.  Hehas also been previously been done for domestic violence and raping his wife so I believe.
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline faithlilly

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15425 on: October 30, 2024, 11:09:16 PM »
If at first you don't succeed...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-14019221/robert-prussak-charged-possessing-making-indecent-images-children.html

Obviously the prosecution case wasn’t strong enough to convince the jury in the first trial. Let’s hope that if he’s guilty the evidence is stronger this time and a conviction is secured. Of course as we know from the case of a certain McCann supporter caught with indecent images even if convicted there’s no certainty that he’ll receive a custodial sentence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15426 on: October 31, 2024, 07:19:09 AM »
Obviously the prosecution case wasn’t strong enough to convince the jury in the first trial. Let’s hope that if he’s guilty the evidence is stronger this time and a conviction is secured. Of course as we know from the case of a certain McCann supporter caught with indecent images even if convicted there’s no certainty that he’ll receive a custodial sentence.
So if a child is led away from her parents and reports that she was given something that tasted funny and waa subsequently sexually abused, and the person who took her admits he had her in his flat for two hours and proffers some
lame excuse about trying to reunite her with her parents but doesn’t call the police once during that time, you don’t think that’s enough evidence??  Why are you not outraged by this as someone who frequently laments the low conviction rate for rape and sexual offences and as a warrior for justice for little children?
PS nice shoehorn of a paedo McCann supporter into your post.  I guess one must seize one’s opportunities for goady little digs where one can these days.  @)(++(*
« Last Edit: October 31, 2024, 07:22:18 AM by Venturi Swirl »
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15427 on: October 31, 2024, 09:52:06 AM »
Obviously the prosecution case wasn’t strong enough to convince the jury in the first trial. Let’s hope that if he’s guilty the evidence is stronger this time and a conviction is secured. Of course as we know from the case of a certain McCann supporter caught with indecent images even if convicted there’s no certainty that he’ll receive a custodial sentence.

Agreed

Perhaps it demonstrates the weakness of using juries.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15428 on: October 31, 2024, 10:42:37 AM »
Agreed

Perhaps it demonstrates the weakness of using juries.

Absolutely. On the face of it this seemed a slam dunk case and TBH I’m not entirely sure why no conviction was secured.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15429 on: October 31, 2024, 11:09:27 AM »
Absolutely. On the face of it this seemed a slam dunk case and TBH I’m not entirely sure why no conviction was secured.

I think it highlights that whatever the evidence, there is always more than one way of interpreting it and that lay people should never make assumptions or take anything for granted.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15430 on: October 31, 2024, 05:17:25 PM »
I think it highlights that whatever the evidence, there is always more than one way of interpreting it and that lay people should never make assumptions or take anything for granted.
The simple fact of the matter in this case is that when a young girl described her ordeal which included being molested by the defendant, she was disbelieved.  Is it any wonder so many victims of rape and sexual abuse simoly don’t bother reporting these kinds of offences?  I know I didn’t, and I just hope that the man who thought it was Ok to molest me in public when I was a young teenager didn’t abuse any other young girls because I didn’t speak up.
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15431 on: October 31, 2024, 05:44:03 PM »
The simple fact of the matter in this case is that when a young girl described her ordeal which included being molested by the defendant, she was disbelieved.  Is it any wonder so many victims of rape and sexual abuse simoly don’t bother reporting these kinds of offences?  I know I didn’t, and I just hope that the man who thought it was Ok to molest me in public when I was a young teenager didn’t abuse any other young girls because I didn’t speak up.

There's no one to blame but the jury, indeed the public. The CPS clearly believed the girl as they saw fit to take it to trial. How do you suggest the problem can be rectified? Perhaps in future any jury should be ordered to believe all women with directed verdicts. Essentially any time someone is accused of rape they should be thrown straight in the slammer without inquest.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15432 on: October 31, 2024, 05:49:07 PM »
Agreed

Perhaps it demonstrates the weakness of using juries.

But can you suggest a better system? Personally I'm rather turned off by the idea of being condemned at the whim of a solitary judge.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15433 on: October 31, 2024, 07:37:10 PM »
But can you suggest a better system? Personally I'm rather turned off by the idea of being condemned at the whim of a solitary judge.

At least the judges are clever, well educated professionals familiar with the law, whereas, almost by definition, up to half of a randomly selected jury will be below average intelligence who would struggle to make a rational decision.
I know which I prefer.

To counter  the occasional judicial whim there is an effective appeal system
« Last Edit: October 31, 2024, 07:41:36 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15434 on: October 31, 2024, 08:15:43 PM »
The simple fact of the matter in this case is that when a young girl described her ordeal which included being molested by the defendant, she was disbelieved.  Is it any wonder so many victims of rape and sexual abuse simoly don’t bother reporting these kinds of offences?  I know I didn’t, and I just hope that the man who thought it was Ok to molest me in public when I was a young teenager didn’t abuse any other young girls because I didn’t speak up.

The details in this case are a bit vague though. If this man did indeed 'molest' the young girl, this could mean something as simple as caressing her backside, rather than the more serious full on sexual penetration one is inclined to imagine. It's noted that the jury asked if there was DNA evidence, which there wasn't. So I'm inclined to believe the level of sexual assault, if it did happen, wasn't all that serious. Perhaps the girls testimony wasn't all that believable after all. We'll never know, we only get to read that which the media feed us. If the trial had been held in camera like they sometimes do in the USA we would see & hear the full facts for ourselves. But we live in backwards Britain and so can only rely on The Sun for our information.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club