Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 3029257 times)

0 Members and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15435 on: October 31, 2024, 09:37:07 PM »
It’s curious how many people are more inclined to believe the defendant over the alleged victim in court cases, especially those in which the defendant is male and the victim female, and even more especially when the crime involves a sexual misdemeanour.  The facts we can be sure of is that  girl was approached by a stranger who purported to be concerned for her safety but who made no attempt whatsoever to contact the police in the two to three hours she was in his company.  We know she had the drug benadryl in her system because her urine was tested after her ordeal and we know that the defendant had several empty packets of benadryl in his flat where he had offered her a drink. We now know that images of child abuse were found in his possession.   But even if we disregard the girl’s allegations of sexual abuse there is clear evidence that she was taken off the street by a stranger and was only reunited with her family when the man who took her spotted by a member of law enforcement and was arrested.

I read this on a thread elsewhere and it struck a chord

“Jurors frequently get it wrong in sexual assault cases. There isn’t always dna evidence and it can come down to one persons word against another.
Bizarrely many of the public focus on the tiny percentage of false claims vs the huge percentage of victims who daren’t even make a report knowing how they will likely be treated in court. Misogyny and sexist attitudes prevail amongst many male and female jurors and judges.
Poor child.
Clearly this man has a sexual interest in children and the police are now holding him on the other charge”.

"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15436 on: October 31, 2024, 09:53:39 PM »

It was only an OTC antihistamine. Not much use as a date rape drug to be fair. I once took 10 diphenhydramine pills in one go & it still wasn't enough to knock me out or cause memory loss. Instead I just lay in bed buzzing from it for a few hours. Poor man's heroin.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15437 on: October 31, 2024, 10:57:08 PM »
Anyway, I always side with the defendant over the alleged victim because that is what the presumption of innocence requires.
I'm also a total misogynist so must always support the male defendant over the female alleged victim anyway. Plus I'm morally obliged to disagree with McCann supporters on every given subject, so I must side with the defendant in this case. Besides, he's been found not guilty so he didn't do anything illegal, please stop libeling him.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15438 on: November 01, 2024, 09:36:19 AM »
 While a country uses a jury system, one must accept the vagaries of such a system.
To do otherwise goes against the rule of law and leads to anarchy
It is reasonable to believe a victim statement prior to investigation, but to accept it implicitly defies logic.

IMO
« Last Edit: November 01, 2024, 09:47:01 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15439 on: November 01, 2024, 10:33:25 AM »

I was was totally unaware of any system other than Juries before I moved to France. Since when every system that involves Judges vary in some way or another and none of them appear to be perfect because they all make mistakes, including Juries. But this German lark has left me flummoxed.  However, it does lean towards Innocence which can't be a bad thing.  However, there is always another and higher Court which is always controlled by judges, even in Britain.

The problem with Brueckner is that it has all taken far too long and Evidence has been lost along the way.   I have a horrible fear that Brueckner will be released, will disappear and then go on to offend again.  Who will get the blame if this happens?

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15440 on: November 01, 2024, 11:06:56 AM »
While a country uses a jury system, one must accept the vagaries of such a system.
To do otherwise goes against the rule of law and leads to anarchy
It is reasonable to believe a victim statement prior to investigation, but to accept it implicitly defies logic.

IMO

Under Sharia Law a woman's testimony is considered to be worth half that of a man's.....&  I approve of that system.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15441 on: November 01, 2024, 11:23:40 AM »
I was was totally unaware of any system other than Juries before I moved to France. Since when every system that involves Judges vary in some way or another and none of them appear to be perfect because they all make mistakes, including Juries. But this German lark has left me flummoxed.  However, it does lean towards Innocence which can't be a bad thing.  However, there is always another and higher Court which is always controlled by judges, even in Britain.

The problem with Brueckner is that it has all taken far too long and Evidence has been lost along the way.   I have a horrible fear that Brueckner will be released, will disappear and then go on to offend again.  Who will get the blame if this happens?

You are worrying too much about one man. Brueckner's offences aren't even of the severest category. He appears to have let all his victims live. There are most certainly worse rapists & paedophiles than him out there.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15442 on: November 01, 2024, 02:19:41 PM »

Brueckner could always try raping men. That would put everyone on the back foot. And it's a much better idea anyway.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15443 on: November 01, 2024, 02:23:36 PM »
Brueckner could always try raping men. That would put everyone on the back foot. And it's a much better idea anyway.

That's the spirit.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15444 on: November 01, 2024, 04:54:02 PM »
While a country uses a jury system, one must accept the vagaries of such a system.
To do otherwise goes against the rule of law and leads to anarchy
It is reasonable to believe a victim statement prior to investigation, but to accept it implicitly defies logic.

IMO
It would appear that it is now not against the law to pick a random child off the streets and take them home with you for a few hours, nor to use a child’s playground as a place to expose your genitals for whatever reason even with children in attendance.  Isn’t that wonderful news for paedos and their apologists everywhere!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2024, 10:19:52 PM by Venturi Swirl »
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15445 on: November 02, 2024, 05:42:07 PM »
It would appear that it is now not against the law to pick a random child off the streets and take them home with you for a few hours, nor to use a child’s playground as a place to expose your genitals for whatever reason even with children in attendance.  Isn’t that wonderful news for paedos and their apologists everywhere!

Well I'll be visiting a children's playground tomorrow to test this idea out purely for research I'll have you know, so if I get arrested or assaulted by a mob of angry parents I'll be blaming you.
Christian Brueckner Fan Club

Offline The General

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15446 on: December 11, 2024, 10:54:27 AM »
Talking of the crackpot RDH, a few years back I went down his Thomas Mair rabbit hole, in a manner of speaking.
Long story short, he proffered a few videos of the suspect caught on CCTV, then in custody, which, he maintained, was proof that he was switched / a surrogate / a manchurian candidate / a patsy / a pasty.
At that time I was getting in to a bit of video editing and stuff with my son, so I bought some decent software.
I basically emailed him and pointed out the fundamental flaws in his rather bizzare, pourous argument - it was definitely Mair.
He actually emailed back and sort of agreed that I was right and he was wrong, but not quite that far. He stopped posting sh1te about it quite abruptly, I noticed, but haven't really visited his website since to check if he's started up again.

He's bang on about MM though....Joke, ffs, joke.
Subject Matter Expert - Hobos.

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15447 on: December 12, 2024, 12:35:04 PM »
Looks as if British law might be following the Continental system and doing away with juries.

"A review, to be led by the former high court judge Sir Brian Leveson, will consider creating new “intermediate courts” where cases could be heard by a judge flanked by magistrates, in an attempt to speed up the length of trials."

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2024/dec/12/some-jury-trials-may-be-scrapped-in-england-and-wales-as-court-backlog-hits-record-high
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15448 on: December 12, 2024, 01:18:15 PM »
Well I'll be visiting a children's playground tomorrow to test this idea out purely for research I'll have you know, so if I get arrested or assaulted by a mob of angry parents I'll be blaming you.

One can but hope. But you won't of course.  You are all mouth and no trousers.

Offline Brietta

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #15449 on: December 12, 2024, 01:35:42 PM »
Looks as if British law might be following the Continental system and doing away with juries.

"A review, to be led by the former high court judge Sir Brian Leveson, will consider creating new “intermediate courts” where cases could be heard by a judge flanked by magistrates, in an attempt to speed up the length of trials."

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2024/dec/12/some-jury-trials-may-be-scrapped-in-england-and-wales-as-court-backlog-hits-record-high

O tempora, o mores

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplock_court
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....