It is not that easy to take your kids on holiday with you. Even if they used a listening service it is still possible for a child to open a door and climb the balcony rails. Every species has had this problem with its young.
I always found it easier to deal with children on holiday than at home for a variety of reasons.
1. I could give them more attention as I had less duties to perform.
2. I could offer them more fun activities so they didn't get bored and mischievous.
3. They were easier to control because of 2 above.[behave or we don't go swimming]
4. Without the constraints of work, school, etc. time wasn't so important allowing flexibilty of meal and bedtimes.
I didn't worry about childcare, that was my job and where I went my children went.
Mark Warner's family friendly holidays seem to cater to those who don't really want to spend a holiday
with their children. Haven holidays, as an example, cater for families who want to holiday
together, they have evening venues and entertainment aimed at the whole family.