T'would help if you would inform the forum as to this 'lot more'. No doubt admissible as evidence. And by the way, I did not claim 'against the McCanns'.
Apart from that, what have you trotted out here? The one-trick pony called 'twice translated non-verbatim' statements. What goes around comes around.
Not a single example of a problem with them. Not one. Not any. Surely you must be replete with examples?
This note from the translator - would strongly suggest that translating the statements was not exactly a walk in the park.
QUOTE905 to 917 Witness statement of Matthew David Oldfield 2007.05.10
918-Consent for mouth swab for Matthew David Oldfield
TRANSLATION BY ALBYM
04-Processo 04 Page 905 to 917
[M Oldfield's Statement 10th May
Again, there were several omissions from, and errors in, the original Portuguese. I corrected those that I found. Also, much of the Portuguese statement is written with a convoluted 'future + past' verb construct that attributes an 'uncertainty' to the words, whereas I have translated much of it in a non-literal manner to make it read more definitively. Hence
, the reader must understand that neither the Portuguese nor my translation necessarily constitute the exact words spoken by Oldfield. If you read MO's Rogatory Letter testimony you will get a sense of the difficulty the Portuguese interpreter faced when listening to this man.]
End quoteSurely the only reason the McCanns would have the files translated by professionals is because of inaccuracies.
One mistranslated word can change the whole meaning of a sentence.
Another example of how translating and retranslating can produce errors is mentioned in Kate's book about her diary which was translated from English to Portuguese and then back to English.
Quote
''I was really upset'' had become ''I was fed up''
''I never felt that relaxed'' had become 'I'd never felt so relaxed''
Unquote
In that last example by changing just two little words i.e.
''that'' to ''so''
and
''I'' to ''I'd'' ..... means that the opposite meaning of what she had really said was wrongly conveyed to the reader.