as you have sais you have not read the declaration at the bottom of the statement I think you should stop contradicting me. I have posted the declaration earlier in the thread. the fact that the pj as a whole completely misunderstood the forensic evidence and the dog alerts...is proof they made a pigs ear of the whole thing
Dear oh dear.
When I said I had not read the wording at the bottom of each statement, I had not read the bottom of the statement in Portuguese, which is what we were debating.
But you should have been able to work out that when I was talking about the difference between past participles and the preterite, that I have indeed checked what the bottom of the statement says in Portuguese.
You have repeatedly ignored a request to bring the bottom of the statement in Portuguese, merely parroting something you claim is an accurate translation. I have no idea where your 'translation' from, so the less said about that the better.
But for the sake of the forum, here is how the relevant sentence starts off, which anyone can check.
Lido o auto ...O auto when used in a legal sense means legal proceedings or legal documents. Here the best translation is probably 'the statement'.
Lido is the past participle of ler, which is the verb 'to read'. The past participle is formed by chopping of the 'er' at the end of ler to leave just 'l', and tacking on ido, to give 'lido'.
English uses context to distinguish read (rhymes with reed) and read (rhymes with red). Portuguese does not. Lido means read (rhymes with red).
A past participle does not have any form of pronoun built into it, therefore there is no suggestion that the person signing the document had read the document.
Lido o auto = The document read (then the sentence goes on to say the contents were confirmed and the statement signed).
You have nothing to support the idea that any non-Portuguese speaker was asked to read a document written in Portuguese, while an interpreter sat idly by. The idea is arrant nonsense.