The police statement doesn't make it clear that they (the police) locked up an empty apartment and left, nor that the McCanns no longer had access to 5a does it? As for twin juggling, I'm sure that's illegal. What do you think it all means....? &%+((£
I can think of no reason why Fiona and Kate are giving the impression that the twins went straight to 5H when they left 5A, but they are.
Looking at the statements it's not possible that the twins went straight from 5A to 5H though.
Jane said they were gone at 3am when she was interviewed. That makes sense because they weren't in the photos, taken before 4am when the PJ left.
They were not in 5H because Dianne said no-one left between the twins arriving and Kate and Gerry going out together at dawn.
Kate and Gerry were out separately at 4am, though, they were seen.
It's clear the twins went to 4G and were moved to 5H after Emma left.
Everyone agrees that the PJ cleared everyone out of the apartment before they left. 'Preserved' in this case means preserving the crime scene because some forensic work had to be left until daylight.
He then states that upon leaving the apartment was locked, leaving the space preserved for the GNR elements that were stationed next to the apartment.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR_MARTINS.htm4078 ”Yeah. So after the twins had been brought up did Fiona and Dave stay in the apartment with you?”
Reply ”Yeah well at that point
Kate and Gerry came up as well and err because the Police had decided to close off the apartment, bit late in the day but you know, they came up and what we did we got the, there was mattresses on the spare beds in the room where Lily was sleeping so we got them and put them on the floor in the lounge beside the twins so that they could rest, if not sleep, err but by this time it must have been about half past four, five o’ clock in the morning.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htmPJ had arrived, erm, the plain clothes detectives, I think there was a couple of them
and they'd been in the apartment and obviously they, at that point, had said they needed to close off the apartment or move the twins. Erm, so I'd suggested putting the twins up in our apartment, erm, Emma, who was there, had arranged some of the MARK WARNER Nannies to get some extra cots and more bedding, erm, and we set up the cots in our living room and a bed for Kate and Gerry as well, not that they used it, but, erm, and then I think,
I think they were Policemen, I can't remember who carried up Sean and Amelie. Erm, and we sat on the sofa, me and Kate with the twins asleep on us for a while, erm, and they didn't wake up and, again, that was quite strange, even in the transfer and, and being handled by people that weren't their parents, they didn't, they didn't wake up. Erm, and we settled them down and made a bed up for Kate and Gerry and I think it was around sort of half four'ish we decided we should all try and just get, get a rest, because everyone else had gone, you know, it was just, again, it was that feeling of helplessness really, everyone had gone, erm, you know, what are we supposed to do'.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htmI remember the police asking everyone to leave the apartment. I received a call from John informing me that he had arranged for another apartment for the McCanns. I went to reception and helped Lyndsey to move the two cots to the new apartment
The McCanns went to the new apartment and I remember seeing
Kate and Mrs Payne seated on the sofa, each holding one of the twins. I left the new apartment at 04.30 in the morning after instructions from John Hill. I was the last to leave, the police had already left, but I left my number saying that I was available for anything that might be needed.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/EMMA-LOUISE.htm