Author Topic: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.  (Read 14422 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Brietta

Of course, it's not the first time this issue has come up...

...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1914777/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-hit-out-at-ghoulish-Madeleine-tours-in-Portugal.html

It seems Mrs Fenn wasn't too impressed by the ghouls, nor the staff at the OC.    Of course these were seemingly larger organised tours of Portuguese rubberneckers, not small posses of diligent and learned researchers with important blogs to update for the benefit of all mankind.... @)(++(*

"Gerry McCann did come up to apologise to my mother for all the unwanted attention – which was incredibly kind as he has endured a grief and pain that no parent should ever have to withstand.”  Ian Fenn
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8469932/Madeleine-McCann-time-to-forget.html

25
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:06:47 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »
Is Mrs Fenn now a good guy or a bad guy?
It is so easy to lose track  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 12:45:35 PM »
Is Mrs Fenn now a good guy or a bad guy?
It is so easy to lose track  ?{)(**

Ian Fenn ... who probably knew so much more of Mrs Fenn's thinking than any internet detective possibly could ... speaks with great sympathy, understanding and kindness of the McCann's suffering.
Work it out from there.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

  • Guest
Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 04:49:21 PM »
Is Mrs Fenn now a good guy or a bad guy?
It is so easy to lose track  ?{)(**

The late Mrs Fenn was a woman.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 10:45:06 PM »
"Gerry McCann did come up to apologise to my mother for all the unwanted attention – which was incredibly kind as he has endured a grief and pain that no parent should ever have to withstand.”  Ian Fenn
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8469932/Madeleine-McCann-time-to-forget.html

I wonder if Mrs Fenn's relatives read Mrs McCann's book?

Then a lady appeared on a balcony – I’m fairly certain this was about 11pm, before the police arrived – and, in a plummy voice, inquired, ‘Can someone tell me what all the noise is about?’ I explained as clearly as I was able, given the state I was in, that my little girl had been stolen from her bed, to which she casually responded, ‘Oh, I see,’ almost as if she’d just been told that a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf. I remember feeling both
shocked and angry at this woefully inadequate and apparently unconcerned reaction. I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point. [Madeleine]

Mrs Fenn asked the father, Gerry, what was happening to which he replied that a small girl had been abducted. When asked, she replied that she did not leave her apartment, just spoke to Gerry from her balcony, which had a view over the terrace of the floor below. She found it strange that Gerry when said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios......She also refers to an episode when Gerry was speaking to a policeman and he refused to recognised the police force, saying that more agents of authority were needed to carry out the search.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

  • Guest
Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 10:48:06 PM »
I wonder if Mrs Fenn's relatives read Mrs McCann's book?

Then a lady appeared on a balcony – I’m fairly certain this was about 11pm, before the police arrived – and, in a plummy voice, inquired, ‘Can someone tell me what all the noise is about?’ I explained as clearly as I was able, given the state I was in, that my little girl had been stolen from her bed, to which she casually responded, ‘Oh, I see,’ almost as if she’d just been told that a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf. I remember feeling both
shocked and angry at this woefully inadequate and apparently unconcerned reaction. I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point. [Madeleine]

Mrs Fenn asked the father, Gerry, what was happening to which he replied that a small girl had been abducted. When asked, she replied that she did not leave her apartment, just spoke to Gerry from her balcony, which had a view over the terrace of the floor below. She found it strange that Gerry when said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios......She also refers to an episode when Gerry was speaking to a policeman and he refused to recognised the police force, saying that more agents of authority were needed to carry out the search.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm
I'd be very surprised if they hadn't read the book.  And your point is?

Offline G-Unit

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »
I'd be very surprised if they hadn't read the book.  And your point is?

Gerry McCann had apologised to Mrs Fenn for the unwanted attention, said her son in 2011. Shortly after he said that Mrs McCann published her book, in which she criticises his mother. No bridge building from her. Maybe she forgot to read Mrs Fenn's evidence where she says she spoke to Gerry, not Kate that night.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 11:27:23 PM »
Gerry McCann had apologised to Mrs Fenn for the unwanted attention, said her son in 2011. Shortly after he said that Mrs McCann published her book, in which she criticises his mother. No bridge building from her. Maybe she forgot to read Mrs Fenn's evidence where she says she spoke to Gerry, not Kate that night.
Maybe she spoke to both of them?  Have you thought about that ?

Alfie

  • Guest
Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 08:25:06 AM »
Gerry McCann had apologised to Mrs Fenn for the unwanted attention, said her son in 2011. Shortly after he said that Mrs McCann published her book, in which she criticises his mother. No bridge building from her. Maybe she forgot to read Mrs Fenn's evidence where she says she spoke to Gerry, not Kate that night.
I'm sure the Fenns were grown up enough to realise that Kate was writing from the point of view of a woman who had just discovered her child was missing, and therefore that any irritation or stress on her part was understandable in the circumstances.

Offline Lace

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 09:34:19 AM »
Gerry McCann had apologised to Mrs Fenn for the unwanted attention, said her son in 2011. Shortly after he said that Mrs McCann published her book, in which she criticises his mother. No bridge building from her. Maybe she forgot to read Mrs Fenn's evidence where she says she spoke to Gerry, not Kate that night.

Can I have a link to where Mrs. Fenn's son said Kate criticised his mother in her book please?

I know Kate mentions someone but not by name.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »
Can I have a link to where Mrs. Fenn's son said Kate criticised his mother in her book please?

I know Kate mentions someone but not by name.

I can see what you mean. That was badly put, and not what I was trying to say. In the second sentence I missed out a comma after 'that'. To make it mean what you took it to mean, the comma would have been after 'after'

As her book was published after his quote, I assumed people would know that. I should have made it clear. Corrected below.

Gerry McCann had apologised to Mrs Fenn for the unwanted attention, said her son in 2011.
Shortly after he said that, Mrs McCann published her book, in which she criticises his mother.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 04:07:59 PM »
I wonder if Mrs Fenn's relatives read Mrs McCann's book?

Then a lady appeared on a balcony – I’m fairly certain this was about 11pm, before the police arrived – and, in a plummy voice, inquired, ‘Can someone tell me what all the noise is about?’ I explained as clearly as I was able, given the state I was in, that my little girl had been stolen from her bed, to which she casually responded, ‘Oh, I see,’ almost as if she’d just been told that a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf. I remember feeling both
shocked and angry at this woefully inadequate and apparently unconcerned reaction. I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point. [Madeleine]

Sums them up very nicely.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfie

  • Guest
Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 05:58:54 PM »
"Gerry McCann did come up to apologise to my mother for all the unwanted attention – which was incredibly kind as he has endured a grief and pain that no parent should ever have to withstand.”  Ian Fenn
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8469932/Madeleine-McCann-time-to-forget.html
Sums him up very nicely.

Offline Brietta

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 06:00:57 PM »
Sums them up very nicely.

I disagree.
I think it sums up the situation in which they found themselves which probably made everything going on around them pale into insignificance ... even to forgetting the niceties of politeness to old ladies.

Don't you think Mrs Fenn's described response reflects that awkward situation we have all been in at one time or another when we have enquired after the health of an acquaintance from his nearest and dearest, to be told he is dead.
Must be similar to being told the hubbub one is enquiring about is as a result of a child going missing.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Gerry McCann later apologised to Mrs Fenn for unwanted attention.
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 06:59:11 PM »
reports of a confession of sorts? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.