Dianne didn't see any crime scene. She saw closed shutters and couldn't raise them. So where was the crime scene? The alleged crime scene was raised shutters and an open window witnessed by the McCanns.
Dianne Webster's evidence always reminds me of Manuel in Fawlty Towers; 'I know nothing....... nothing'
She seems to have made an impression on Russell O'Brien, but she's not even sure if she ever met him;
4078 ”Had you met any of the rest of the group before that holiday?”
Reply ”Err yes I’d met them all previously, I knew err Jane and Russell probably better than any of them, I knew Kate and Gerry err Rachael I’d met before but I think, I don’t remember meeting Matt although I think they were at Fiona and Dave’s wedding I may have met him before but err I didn’t meet him really until, or get to know him until that holiday.”
Reply ”Well no I knew err Jane and Russell because when they lived in Leicester they, well Russell was Dave’s best man and err I knew, I knew them before, before then err and
I’m trying to think actually, I know I’d met Jane but I don’t think I’d met Russell err but they were close friends of err Fiona and Dave until they moved away to Exeter.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htmDianne WEBSTER is Fiona’s mother we obviously met her through Fiona and Dave PAYNE, we have been friends with them for some time meeting them at Fiona and Dave’s house.
We have been for trips out on their boat I’d say we know Dianne quite well.http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htmShe says she didn't mention meeting Matt; in fact she categorically denied it.
Err and the thing that I didn’t mention at the original err interview in Portugal was that I do vaguely remember seeing Matt, he was coming up because I think he made some joke about coming up to see where we were because we were so late, but he was actually on his way to check err check the children.”
4078 ”Right.”
Reply ”Err so I do, I do remember that although I didn’t remember it clearly at the time err so we got down to the table err I think we ordered our starters.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htmAsked directly if someone had gone to her apartment to call them (herself and the PAYNE couple) for dinner the witness said no.
-
Asked if there was the possibility of having crossed paths with someone during the journey between her apartment and restaurant, the witness said no.http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANNE_WEBSTER_11-MAY07.htmFinally she says she was in Madeleine's bedroom, but seems to be mixing up how the door opened with how the door opened in 5H;
4078 ”What could you see of Madeleine’s bed?”
Reply ”Well the, it was neatly turn, what I remember the cover was neatly turned back. I mean her bed was right in the err corner, you went in the door and it was,
you’d have to look round the door to err see it, and err it was just neatly turned back and she just wasn’t there.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htm