Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 403667 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3060 on: July 21, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-40685185

The search for the body of airman Corrie Mckeague in a UK landfill site has been called off, with no body found.

Yes, this news relates to Madeleine McCann.

I have been tracking 3 bodies-in-the-rubbish stories.  One is obviously the MBM story, posited on parents or locals disposing of the body by dumping it in a wheelie bin which then went to landfill.

The second is a tragic tale of a young baby found in a rubbish processing plant in southern Lisbon about 18 months ago.  Within the last week, CMTV has provided what appears to be an update on this story.  A woman was given 7 years and 10 months for murdering her baby and disposing of the body in the rubbish.

The 3rd story is Corrie Mckeague, in the UK.  If we are to believe the link, police thought to find an adult human being from a load totalling around 100kg of rubbish.  Unless rubbish processing in the UK is cr*p, this idea is cr*p.  I happen to be skinny, but I weigh 64kg, over half the supposed weight delivered to the processing centre.  If those refuse centre staff could not find my dead body before I went into landfill, I would be more than slightly p***ed off.

What went into the landfill?  If anything.

Unless the figures are way off, I can be 99.9% confident Corrie did not go into the landfill.  So what did?

Perhaps his mobile?  After all, it was tracked from where he was to the rubbish dump.  Even that, I am thinking no.  I have no doubt his mobile made the journey.  But European directives demanded that toxic waste like old phones were prevented from going into landfill.  It should have got separated out.  Presumably it did, otherwise the police would know from signals exactly where the phone was buried.

This leaves the burning issue of where Corrie Mckeague is now.
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #3063 on: August 06, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-40842261
40 minutes ago (6th August 2017)
 From the section Tayside and Central Scotland
A body has been found at the home of a man who has been missing for almost a month.
Police believe remains discovered at the property Bo'ness are those of Arnold Mouat, but they have not yet been formally identified.
Mr Mouat, 64, was last seen at an address in Panbrae Road on 6 July.
In a statement, Supt Martin Fotheringham said Police Scotland had referred its handling of the case to the police watchdog.
Officers had made a number of public appeals in an effort to trace Mr Mouat since his disappearance last month.
They asked people living in the Bo'ness, West Lothian and Falkirk areas to check their outhouses, gardens and garages.
Search and rescue officers, a dog unit, and a helicopter were deployed in a bid to find him.
A public search of the local area by 59 volunteers was also carried out.
Police confirmed that a body was discovered at Mr Mouat's family home in Panbrae Road at about 14:45 on Saturday.
They are treating Mr Mouat's death as unexplained but not suspicious. A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.
Supt Fotheringham said: "This is a tragic set of circumstances and our thoughts and sympathies are with the Mouat family as they come to terms with their loss.
"Following a review of our response to this incident, Police Scotland has referred this matter to the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (PIRC).
"We will provide them with all the necessary assistance and support they require during their investigation.
"I would like to thank those members of the public and media who responded to our appeal for information, in particular those who assisted with searching for Mr Mouat.
"We are continuing to support Mr Mouat's family with dedicated family liaison officers and will continue to offer any assistance we can throughout this difficult time."
A spokeswoman for the PIRC said it had launched an investigation into the response from Police Scotland.
"This investigation is in the very early stages and a report will be sent to the chief constable in due course," she added.
================================================================

How very sad that he should have remained undiscovered for so long. Despite all the training, all the available resources, the man's home was apparently not searched thoroughly; human failure & possible canine failure is probable.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3064 on: August 06, 2017, 09:17:15 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-40842261
40 minutes ago (6th August 2017)
 From the section Tayside and Central Scotland
A body has been found at the home of a man who has been missing for almost a month.
Police believe remains discovered at the property Bo'ness are those of Arnold Mouat, but they have not yet been formally identified.
Mr Mouat, 64, was last seen at an address in Panbrae Road on 6 July.
In a statement, Supt Martin Fotheringham said Police Scotland had referred its handling of the case to the police watchdog.
Officers had made a number of public appeals in an effort to trace Mr Mouat since his disappearance last month.
They asked people living in the Bo'ness, West Lothian and Falkirk areas to check their outhouses, gardens and garages.
Search and rescue officers, a dog unit, and a helicopter were deployed in a bid to find him.
A public search of the local area by 59 volunteers was also carried out.
Police confirmed that a body was discovered at Mr Mouat's family home in Panbrae Road at about 14:45 on Saturday.
They are treating Mr Mouat's death as unexplained but not suspicious. A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.
Supt Fotheringham said: "This is a tragic set of circumstances and our thoughts and sympathies are with the Mouat family as they come to terms with their loss.
"Following a review of our response to this incident, Police Scotland has referred this matter to the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (PIRC).
"We will provide them with all the necessary assistance and support they require during their investigation.
"I would like to thank those members of the public and media who responded to our appeal for information, in particular those who assisted with searching for Mr Mouat.
"We are continuing to support Mr Mouat's family with dedicated family liaison officers and will continue to offer any assistance we can throughout this difficult time."
A spokeswoman for the PIRC said it had launched an investigation into the response from Police Scotland.
"This investigation is in the very early stages and a report will be sent to the chief constable in due course," she added.
================================================================

How very sad that he should have remained undiscovered for so long. Despite all the training, all the available resources, the man's home was apparently not searched thoroughly; human failure & possible canine failure is probable.

Why is canine failure a probable when there is nothing to suggest they were used in a search of his house?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline misty

« Reply #3065 on: August 06, 2017, 09:31:19 PM »
Why is canine failure a probable when there is nothing to suggest they were used in a search of his house?

What is the role of a dog unit in a missing person's investigation?

Offline barrier

« Reply #3066 on: August 07, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »
What is the role of a dog unit in a missing person's investigation?

I'll ask again where in  the article is it suggestive of dogs being used in the house where the chaps body was found,there are reports of divers,mountain rescue,helicopters being used,so in all probability they all failed.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3067 on: August 07, 2017, 10:49:36 AM »
I'll ask again where in  the article is it suggestive of dogs being used in the house where the chaps body was found,there are reports of divers,mountain rescue,helicopters being used,so in all probability they all failed.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-find-body-missing-man-10939243

I can't find an on-line version of the report printed in yesterday's Sunday Mail written by one of the authors of the above but it suggests that dogs may very well have been used to search the house initially.
It seems that all the stops were pulled out in the search for Mr Mouat ... and when searching for a missing person what is the first principal?  To work out from where the person was last seen?

The GNR used that principal in the initial search for Madeleine and it is known that the dogs had been present inside apartment 5A.

From the Sunday Mail 6th July 2017 ...

Arnold was last seen at the house late on July 6.

In the four weeks since, officers searched different areas for him, including West Lothian.

Then, in the latest twist, police sealed off his property yesterday afternoon.

The detached home lies at the end of a row of upmarket houses next to the town's Old Kirk church.

Neighbours last night expressed shock that police had returned to the street.

Arnold - who is 6ft 3in - was often seen walking his dog along the road, which has stunning views over the Forth Estuary.

One local, who did not want to be named, said yesterday: "After he went missing, police searched every garden in the street and questioned everyone who lives there.
There were sniffer dogs, a helicopter and many police - they appeared to be very thorough indeed.
They hunted from top to bottom in the house where he lives so it is surely inconceivable they have missed something."

The Police Investigations & Review Commissioner may give an explanation of the circumstances of the search.

Condolences to Mr Mouat's family at what must be a distressing time for them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3068 on: August 15, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »
http://www.dn.pt/portugal/interior/autorizada-gravacao-de-conversas-por-camaras-de--videovigilancia-8705920.html

For those interested in why Luz has very little CCTV, the article above gives information about when the GNR and PSP can turn on sound recording in monitoring systems.

It appears this was done for the Pope's visit to Fátima, but it is very much the exception.

The article does not cover what/when private CCTV can operate, only that of the GNR and PSP. However, it does give a flavour of why CCTV was not used on public streets in Luz in 2007.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3069 on: August 16, 2017, 05:38:36 PM »
http://www.dn.pt/portugal/interior/autorizada-gravacao-de-conversas-por-camaras-de--videovigilancia-8705920.html

For those interested in why Luz has very little CCTV, the article above gives information about when the GNR and PSP can turn on sound recording in monitoring systems.

It appears this was done for the Pope's visit to Fátima, but it is very much the exception.

The article does not cover what/when private CCTV can operate, only that of the GNR and PSP. However, it does give a flavour of why CCTV was not used on public streets in Luz in 2007.

Portugal has some arcane laws on how CCTV footage may be used in court. But basically the judge gives the nod whether it may be admissible and how it may be used. It can't be used for fishing trips it would seem.
Good lead ins are  Decree-Law 35/2004 and Law 1/2005. Be warned there is a lot of it and it ain't that simple to follow even as a precis in English  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #3070 on: August 21, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »
http://www.jornaleconomico.sapo.pt/noticias/juiz-liberta-ex-coordenador-e-antigo-inspetor-chefe-da-pj-acusados-de-trafico-de-droga-196279

Judge frees ex-coordinator and former chief inspector of PJ, accused of drug trafficking

Tamara Lopes
08 Aug 2017

The former coordinator of the Judicial Police (PJ) and the former chief inspector, who were under house arrest with an electronic bracelet, following the indictment of drug trafficking and corruption, are on the list of the nine defendants who were released today.

The lawyer of the former coordinator of the PJ, Carlos Melo Alves, told Lusa that the decision to release the defendants was from Judge Carlos Alexandre, due to the maximum time of pre-trial detention until the investiture decision, to end on the 13th of this month. And as the preliminary ruling will not be known before the deadline, the judge today determined, once again, the beginning of the investigation debate at the Central Criminal Court for September 1 in Monsanto Court, that the defendants under house arrest And preventive "were immediately" released.

According to the news agency, which had access to the 'Operation Achilles' accusation, in October 2006, the PJ already had strong indications of suspected links of Carlos Dias Santos to the drug traffickers, evidences that arose from information resulting from Surveillance and collection of information that "showed strong suspicions of links to the world of crime", the former coordinator of the PJ, the National Unit to Combat Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs (UNCTE), with Jorge Manero de Lemos and his trafficking activity damn it.

A disguised PJ agent was able to determine at the time, through a meeting with a suspect of Paraguayan nationality, that the criminal organization that exported cocaine to Terras Australis, a company in Torres Vedras, "had an informant in the Judicial Police" While the United States authorities (DEA) informed the PJ that the element that collaborated with drug trafficking organizations had the nickname "la machine", one of the facts that led them to Dias Santos, by the significant use of the term " You are a machine. "

The two elements of the PJ also used information that the criminal organizations protected by them advanced on "competing" organizations, using the same information "in UNCTE to do good services with drug seizures and thus to give credence to the alleged informants."

The Public Prosecutor's Office accused 29 people accused of drug trafficking, criminal association and corruption with a view to trafficking and passive corruption to commit illicit acts, including the military of GNR José Baltazar da Silva and Frankelim Lobo, leader of the organization Of drug trafficking with residence in Málaga, Spain, but with an unknown whereabouts, concludes the Portuguese news agency.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A link to Paraguay? I know very little about Paraguay so I am shocked to read that the country produces around 15% of the world's cannabis.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3071 on: August 23, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »
Notice a lot of kerfuffle going on about the OFM FB page coming up as a Charity. Someone has been a bit careless hopefully.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3072 on: August 23, 2017, 09:48:27 PM »
Notice a lot of kerfuffle going on about the OFM FB page coming up as a Charity. Someone has been a bit careless hopefully.

Perhaps you would care to back up your allegation with a cite.  Thank you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3073 on: August 23, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
Perhaps you would care to back up your allegation with a cite.  Thank you.

Look at the Facebook page.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline misty

« Reply #3074 on: August 23, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »
Look at the Facebook page.

Nothing to see - definitely no pink text.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:01:38 AM by misty »