Author Topic: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"  (Read 51069 times)

Offline Mrs S

Re: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"
« Reply #255 on: March 03, 2021, 11:12:42 PM »
i will take your word for that, but a working dog is instructed to work, it isnt in work mode all the time, that could be the reason it didn't react at first.
I disagree. I have been on casual walk a few times with my dog not working. She has on a few occasions indicated in what she's trained to track.

Offline John

« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2021, 11:15:24 PM »
You're like a dog with a bone. It doesn't cut any mustard with me though.

Two boys in a small house and one doesn't know the other is there. Banging around in a kitchen, playing music, making phone calls. Pull the other one Faith, it's got bells on.

Luke lied and if the conviction is sound his mother lied too.  No wonder her home and business were targeted.

You do remember Mr McCafferty?  The man who died from carbon monoxide poisoning after Corinne Mitchell sold his daughter a caravan with a blocked flu?  She was sued by Mrs McCafferty for £¼ million. Is that why she had to sell the house and live in the office at Scott's Caravans?

As far as I can see there hasn't been any jury trial in that civil case despite a judge refusing a motion by Corinne Mitchell's lawyer to refuse issues and withhold the case from a jury.  Was it settled privately perhaps?

All case references below.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5a8ff85760d03e7f57ebe998
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-herald-1130/20110128/281934539410238
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=f70087a6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:20:08 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #257 on: March 03, 2021, 11:16:39 PM »
The dog knew Jodi well so had no trouble finding her. It's not surprising Judy and Janine wondered why Mia hadn't found Jodi on the first pass.

Had he asked Mia to “find her” on way up the path, I’ve only seen reports that it was after he met the search party he put the fog in “tracking mode”?

Offline John

« Reply #258 on: March 03, 2021, 11:18:00 PM »
I disagree. I have been on casual walk a few times with my dog not working. She has on a few occasions indicated in what she's trained to track.

Luke allegedly set out to find Jodi so the dog would have been looking from the get-go imo.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline interested

« Reply #259 on: March 03, 2021, 11:20:22 PM »
what about police working dogs? they are trained to sniff out criminals, do they know every time a criminal walks past them? When police attend crime scenes the dogs normally pick up a scent when its told to by its handler, i know some dogs are trained for specific things but some are also trained to just pick up any scent theyre given.

Offline interested

« Reply #260 on: March 03, 2021, 11:21:09 PM »
Luke allegedly set out to find Jodi so the dog would have been looking from the get-go imo.
no proof of this then John?

Offline John

« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2021, 11:21:55 PM »
no proof of this then John?

Not if he murdered her no.  It was better that someone else find her.

Offline interested

« Reply #262 on: March 03, 2021, 11:22:15 PM »
Had he asked Mia to “find her” on way up the path, I’ve only seen reports that it was after he met the search party he put the fog in “tracking mode”?
everything I have seen says after.

Offline interested

« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2021, 11:23:18 PM »
Not if he murdered her no.
sorry?

Offline interested

« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2021, 11:24:31 PM »
Not if he murdered her no.  It was better that someone else find her.
that isnt proof he set out to find her, just speculation imo he didnt even know the search party was going to be at the path?

Offline John

« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2021, 11:25:16 PM »
sorry?

If he murdered Jodi he wouldn't want the dog to find her until he was in the company of her family. Finding the body by himself would look bad.

Offline John

« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2021, 11:28:33 PM »
that isnt proof he set out to find her, just speculation imo he didnt even know the search party was going to be at the path?

If I recall they were going to meet him half way but that didn't happen.  They had only just got to the path at the Easthouses end when he met them.

Offline interested

« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2021, 11:29:54 PM »
If he murdered Jodi he wouldn't want the dog to find her until he was in the company of her family. Finding the body by himself would look bad.
got that, see my last post. lets say they werent at the path when he got to the other end, then what? if it was his intention to lead people to the body, people he didnt know were out looking? sorry thats why it doesnt add up and even had he arranged to meet them at the path it wasnt his suggestion to back down it.

Offline John

« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2021, 11:32:28 PM »
got that, see my last post. lets say they werent at the path when he got to the other end, then what? if it was his intention to lead people to the body, people he didnt know were out looking? sorry thats why it doesnt add up and even had he arranged to meet them at the path it wasnt his suggestion to back down it.

That's right, it was Jodi's family who wanted to go down the path because that is where Jodi stated she was going.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2021, 11:35:07 PM »
That's right, it was Jodi's family who wanted to go down the path because that is where Jodi stated she was going.

I’ve found an old timeline John

How did the error occur re the dog walk?

6.50-6.55pm Luke phones some male friends to see what they are doing, as Jodi still hasnt shown
7pm Luke phones his mother to tell her if Jodi comes to the house, he is in The Abbey, and to tell Jodi to come there.
9pm After hanging around the abbey for a couple of hours, the boys head for home. Luke goes up to his room and puts on a video of Red dwarf.
10.30pm Luke takes the dog for her last walk of the evening.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:37:43 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation