Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 403792 times)

Offline jassi

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »
Have you got clairvoyant powers?
I just knew you were going to say that   @)(++(*
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:44:18 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »
I just knew you were going to say that   @)(++(*
Very good.  Perhaps you could PM me Friday's Euromillions numbers later...?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »
No, i feel it is progressing slowly towards a conclusion. It just that its not going to be a very conclusive conclusion - there will be no convicted villain at the end of this story.

Redwood is retiring and the new  leader's role is to wind the investigation up/down with a minimum of face loss.

I believe everyone on that team has many years experience and will be due to retire, in fact we do not know how many have already done so.

Dream on if you think the new DCI is there to 'save face'.  She is there to crack this case and find out what happened to Madeleine McCann ... if there is evidence left after nearly eight years ... I hope it will lead to a conviction.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
I believe everyone on that team has many years experience and will be due to retire, in fact we do not know how many have already done so.

Dream on if you think the new DCI is there to 'save face'.  She is there to crack this case and find out what happened to Madeleine McCann ... if there is evidence left after nearly eight years ... I hope it will lead to a conviction.

Oh dear. &%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »
I am not too sure where to post this as it fits two or three threads I can't see it elsewhere but if I have stolen someone elses thunder I apologise.

Today is paradox day:
Somewhere on Portugal's southern coast two police forces are questioning witnesses in an attempt to determine the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of a little girl seven years ago.
Meanwhile in the capital city to the north lawyers will be making closing arguments in a case where parties are claiming the publication of a book written by an ex police officer had caused "damage" to the search for that same child.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:50:37 AM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2014, 10:07:26 AM »
I am not too sure where to post this as it fits two or three threads I can't see it elsewhere but if I have stolen someone elses thunder I apologise.

Today is paradox day:
Somewhere on Portugal's southern coast two police forces are questioning witnesses in an attempt to determine the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of a little girl seven years ago.
Meanwhile in the capital city to the north lawyers will be making closing arguments in a case where parties are claiming the publication of a book written by an ex police officer had caused "damage" to the search for that same child.

Precisely Alice.

However, as most people are aware, the trial has far more to do with trying to get more money than anything else.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2014, 10:23:11 AM »
Precisely Alice.

However, as most people are aware, the trial has far more to do with trying to get more money than anything else.

Destroy and ruin Amaral at any cost more like. The fund is there to destroy those who dare question the suspects version of events. Bad Karma.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

stephen25000

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2014, 10:28:56 AM »
Destroy and ruin Amaral at any cost more like. The fund is there to destroy those who dare question the suspects version of events. Bad Karma.

Fair point, and we know only too well how much the mccanns and their acolytes hate him.

As to the book stopping/hindering the search for Madeleine, that is the biggest load of tosh.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »

Today is paradox day:

Paradox? maybe ... Conundrum? maybe ... people somewhere who do not want a solution to what happened to Madeleine McCann to be found ... Certainly!

Madelaine McCann's parents ... against all the odds ... managed to have the official investigation reopened three years ago.

Remind me who was investigating her case and looking for her in the previous four ... oh that's right ... her parents.

Remind me why no one was looking for her ... the original lead detectives theory ... which he detailed in his book.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
Paradox? maybe ... Conundrum? maybe ... people somewhere who do not want a solution to what happened to Madeleine McCann to be found ... Certainly!

Madelaine McCann's parents ... against all the odds ... managed to have the official investigation reopened three years ago.

Remind me who was investigating her case and looking for her in the previous four ... oh that's right ... her parents.

Remind me why no one was looking for her ... the original lead detectives theory ... which he detailed in his book.

Remind me who was hiding efits of the prime suspect?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

stephen25000

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »

Not quite right.

The wanted a review for some time, before that 'evolved' into an investigation.

As to not wanting to find out what really happened, that could not be further from the truth.

ferryman

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2014, 10:37:56 AM »

Today is paradox day:

There's no paradox.  The McCanns were libelled in a book that also damaged the search for Madeleine  by propagating the lie that Madeleine was determined as dead by the first (shelved) enquiry, and her parents determined, both as the perpetrators and as the originators of a fraudulent "fund" in their dead daughter's name.

It is reasonable to speculate that had the shelved enquiry been properly led, there would have been no need of a second enquiry with Scotland Yard as key contributors. 

Good post, Brietta.

And on the efits, they were in the possession of Scotland Yard and the PJ for several years before they were released.

Ask those two police forces why the efits weren't released sooner
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:40:21 AM by ferryman »

Offline jassi

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:13 AM »
I saw a newspaper headline today - possibly Mirror- which  said 'Maddie cops - last chance to solve mystery' ( or words to that effect).
Do they know something that the rest of us don't, or is it just their usual hyperbole?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:58 AM »
There's no paradox.  The McCanns were libelled in a book that also damaged the search for Madeleine  by propagating the lie that Madeleine was determined as dead by the first (shelved) enquiry, and her parents determined, both as the perpetrators and as the originators of a fraudulent "fund" in their dead daughter's name.

It is reasonable to speculate that had the shelved enquiry been properly led, there would have been no need of a second enquiry with Scotland Yard as key contributors. 

Good post, Brietta.

And on the efits, they were in the possession of Scotland Yard and the PJ for several years before they were released.

Ask those two police forces why the efits weren't released sooner

but the mccanns had the e-fits first.

ferryman

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »
but the mccanns had the e-fits first.

There is not a shred of evidence to back that up.

The efits were in the possession of British and Portuguese police for several years and they chose the moment to release them publicly.

Almost certainly because the context of a live and on-going police enquiry was necessary to release them