Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1498781 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #6375 on: November 07, 2019, 06:30:30 PM »
If I recall correctly, Kate McCann previously stated that Madeleine was a light sleeper and would not have gone off with any stranger.

Yes that is what I recall- to make us believe walk and wandred was NOT an option for the police to look at.

I am sure I also recall kate or her mum saying Maddie would give them her 'tuppence worth'- my understanding of this  was she would be 'cheeky' give up a bit of lip back(?) I also understood  the 'they' being  the paedo gang abductors.

Very strange thing to say about your' abducted daughter'
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6376 on: November 07, 2019, 06:40:58 PM »
How tiresome.  Brietta talked of prison populations.  I pointed out this had nothing to do with the McCanns.

Care to do another Clari Light and go for round 6?

The forum population fell asleep long ago.   &^^&*
So basically you made a non-sequitur of a post that we should all have ignored, dammit if I could turn back time...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #6377 on: November 07, 2019, 06:54:47 PM »
So basically you made a non-sequitur of a post that we should all have ignored, dammit if I could turn back time...

I made a highly relevant post that Brietta was intelligent enough to let pass without comment.

How deep is that mamut lanudo trap you have been digging?  About 1.7m deep by 25m diameter did the trick for the Mexicans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50330717

(&^&
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #6378 on: November 07, 2019, 07:23:12 PM »

Parents often believe their child would not go off with a stranger but sadly the child does.

I watched a programme last night about a girl who liked to sleep in her mothers bed there was no father in the house,  but one night her mother [I think because she was being a bit restless in bed and her mother couldn't sleep and she had to be up early the next morning]  asked if she would sleep in her own bed, the little girl who was 8 went to her own room but kept the light on.   A man who just by chance parked outside saw the light and looked in and saw the little girl,  the window was open a bit and he got in and took the little girl from her bed [with the mother in the other room]   when she started to cry and protest,  he told her he was a Police Officer.  Now I know she was 8 and Madeleine was nearly 4 but a younger child would be even easier to dupe.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #6379 on: November 07, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
“Parents often believe their child would not go off with a stranger but sadly the child does”.

I agree, Erngath. To me it is possible that Madeleine heard her father’s voice while he was talking to Jeremy. At that moment, someone might have been at her bedroom window/front door/in the room and convinced her that s/he will take her to her father. Therefore, she did not put her shoes on or take cuddlecat because she was secure in knowing that she will will be taken to her dad.

Offline jassi

« Reply #6380 on: November 07, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »
I watched a programme last night about a girl who liked to sleep in her mothers bed there was no father in the house,  but one night her mother [I think because she was being a bit restless in bed and her mother couldn't sleep and she had to be up early the next morning]  asked if she would sleep in her own bed, the little girl who was 8 went to her own room but kept the light on.   A man who just by chance parked outside saw the light and looked in and saw the little girl,  the window was open a bit and he got in and took the little girl from her bed [with the mother in the other room]   when she started to cry and protest,  he told her he was a Police Officer.  Now I know she was 8 and Madeleine was nearly 4 but a younger child would be even easier to dupe.

So what happened next?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6381 on: November 07, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
I made a highly relevant post that Brietta was intelligent enough to let pass without comment.

How deep is that mamut lanudo trap you have been digging?  About 1.7m deep by 25m diameter did the trick for the Mexicans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50330717

(&^&
Yes, I should have ignored your post like any sensible person, I realise that now, my bad...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #6382 on: November 07, 2019, 08:18:05 PM »
“Parents often believe their child would not go off with a stranger but sadly the child does”.

I agree, Erngath. To me it is possible that Madeleine heard her father’s voice while he was talking to Jeremy. At that moment, someone might have been at her bedroom window/front door/in the room and convinced her that s/he will take her to her father. Therefore, she did not put her shoes on or take cuddlecat because she was secure in knowing that she will will be taken to her dad.

What evidence do you have of a stranger ? The Moyes were on their balcony above having a few drinks and heard nothing. Mrs Fenn directly above claims to have heard nothing until 22:30. SY claim to have found and cleared Tannerman.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #6383 on: November 07, 2019, 10:57:14 PM »
https://www.portugalresident.com/social-workers-accused-of-falsifying-statements-to-ensure-mother-lost-custody-of-children/

Social workers accused of falsifying statements to ensure mother lost custody of children
By portugalresident -7th November 201
Two social workers will be answering charges of falsifying statements to ensure a mother lost custody of her two daughters.

The two technicians for ‘Segurança Social’ are further accused of abuse of power and prevarication.

Lisbon’s Court of Appeal has this week found in favour of the mother who for four years has been fighting authorities for the return of children “who should never have been taken” from her.

The woman told SIC television news “this will be the beginning of restoring the truth” to a truly dreadful situation.

“This isn’t a question of vengeance or money in compensation”, stresses Ana Maximiano.

Rerunning an old video clip of her struggle for justice, SIC says the mother staged a hunger strike for 26 days outside Social Security offices in Cascais shortly after her daughters were taken, but had to give up as “her body couldn’t take any more”.

At the time, tearful and exhausted, the woman told reporters, “this is an aggression. You don’t take a daughter from her mother without proof that the mother is a bad mother. The accusations are that I left my (four-year-old) daughter in a café when there are witnesses to say that I didn’t, and that I wanted to run away (with the children) when I have ever done anything like that…”

But in spite of clear indications that all was not right in this case, Ana Maximiano has had to wait all this time to hear a court finally find in her favour.

Even now, her children are not back home. This will only come after the decision by the Court of Appeal is accepted by the Family and Minors court and the latter makes a change to the girls’ arrangements.

Tragically, the mother tells SIC the girls loathe their current lives and “cannot sleep” on the last night of any period they get to stay with their mother ‘as they don’t want to go back’.

As to the background of the story, tabloid Correio da Manhã says they were “handed to their father who has condemnations for aggravated domestic violence”.

Indeed, according to CM, the social workers’ actions were “all to benefit the father”.
Appeal court judges have concluded that the social workers “knew the facts given were false. They aimed to make the court believe the children ran the risk of serious danger and obtain their withdrawal via legal mechanisms that were unjust”, said the ruling.

Ana Maximiano’s lawyer Gameiro Fernandes calls the judges’ ruling “historic”. “This is the first time in Portugal that technicians of Social Security are to be taken to court for malpractice in the exercising of their duties”.

It is unclear whether the workers involved are still even employed by Social Services. What is clear however is that this story is not yet over.

Ana Maximiano told SIC her daughters are desperate to be allowed to stay with her, but for the time being at least, they remain in their father’s custody notwithstanding that two criminal cases alleging violence having been taken out against him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's worrying to think what could have happened to the (McCann) twins without such a high level of UK protection in Portugal 2007.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6384 on: November 07, 2019, 11:59:32 PM »
https://www.portugalresident.com/social-workers-accused-of-falsifying-statements-to-ensure-mother-lost-custody-of-children/

Social workers accused of falsifying statements to ensure mother lost custody of children
By portugalresident -7th November 201
Two social workers will be answering charges of falsifying statements to ensure a mother lost custody of her two daughters.

The two technicians for ‘Segurança Social’ are further accused of abuse of power and prevarication.

Lisbon’s Court of Appeal has this week found in favour of the mother who for four years has been fighting authorities for the return of children “who should never have been taken” from her.

The woman told SIC television news “this will be the beginning of restoring the truth” to a truly dreadful situation.

“This isn’t a question of vengeance or money in compensation”, stresses Ana Maximiano.

Rerunning an old video clip of her struggle for justice, SIC says the mother staged a hunger strike for 26 days outside Social Security offices in Cascais shortly after her daughters were taken, but had to give up as “her body couldn’t take any more”.

At the time, tearful and exhausted, the woman told reporters, “this is an aggression. You don’t take a daughter from her mother without proof that the mother is a bad mother. The accusations are that I left my (four-year-old) daughter in a café when there are witnesses to say that I didn’t, and that I wanted to run away (with the children) when I have ever done anything like that…”

But in spite of clear indications that all was not right in this case, Ana Maximiano has had to wait all this time to hear a court finally find in her favour.

Even now, her children are not back home. This will only come after the decision by the Court of Appeal is accepted by the Family and Minors court and the latter makes a change to the girls’ arrangements.

Tragically, the mother tells SIC the girls loathe their current lives and “cannot sleep” on the last night of any period they get to stay with their mother ‘as they don’t want to go back’.

As to the background of the story, tabloid Correio da Manhã says they were “handed to their father who has condemnations for aggravated domestic violence”.

Indeed, according to CM, the social workers’ actions were “all to benefit the father”.
Appeal court judges have concluded that the social workers “knew the facts given were false. They aimed to make the court believe the children ran the risk of serious danger and obtain their withdrawal via legal mechanisms that were unjust”, said the ruling.

Ana Maximiano’s lawyer Gameiro Fernandes calls the judges’ ruling “historic”. “This is the first time in Portugal that technicians of Social Security are to be taken to court for malpractice in the exercising of their duties”.

It is unclear whether the workers involved are still even employed by Social Services. What is clear however is that this story is not yet over.

Ana Maximiano told SIC her daughters are desperate to be allowed to stay with her, but for the time being at least, they remain in their father’s custody notwithstanding that two criminal cases alleging violence having been taken out against him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's worrying to think what could have happened to the (McCann) twins without such a high level of UK protection in Portugal 2007.

Mistakes get made everywhere; Mrs Justice Hogg made a huge one concerning Ellie Butler, didn't she?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #6385 on: November 08, 2019, 01:40:08 AM »
Mistakes get made everywhere; Mrs Justice Hogg made a huge one concerning Ellie Butler, didn't she?
Parental mistakes are made everywhere. Where should the line be drawn between a mistake & a deliberate action by the authorities when it comes to the fate of children in their care?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6386 on: November 08, 2019, 01:57:13 AM »
Snip

To err is human.
The Portuguese courts will be considering if these Social Security Workers (public employees, I presume) are guilty of malfeasance.   
It will be interesting to see if the court will conclude that they've made a simple mistake or if their alleged negligent professional misconduct was deliberate.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6387 on: November 08, 2019, 01:58:36 AM »
Parental mistakes are made everywhere. Where should the line be drawn between a mistake & a deliberate action by the authorities when it comes to the fate of children in their care?

I would have qualms about leaving children in the custody of a violent man.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anthro

« Reply #6388 on: November 08, 2019, 06:50:42 AM »
“What evidence do you have of a stranger ? The Moyes were on their balcony above having a few drinks and heard nothing. Mrs Fenn directly above claims to have heard nothing until 22:30. SY claim to have found and cleared Tannerman”.

Of course I have no evidence. Perhaps you do? I wasn’t referring to Tannerman. The fact that no one ‘heard’ anything is irrelevant. A person skilled enough, would be able to act swiftly and without commotion. This is my personal view. Police indicated that they are looking at/for a lone, foreign intruder, who apparently is not Martin Ney but someone else.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:55:32 AM by Anthro »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6389 on: November 08, 2019, 08:09:27 AM »

Each case is different.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0