Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408642 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3735 on: February 11, 2021, 08:07:58 PM »
As I explained over the last hour I find it potentially libellous.  On its own it may be meaningless but in libel cases you have to look at the entirety of the discussion.  Was it expressed as an opinion?

"Ive said its a good as solved ...I've mentioned no names"  That isn't an opinion to me.

my original post you complained about was..

"Probably becasue the Germans are now leading the investigation which is as good as solved..imo"

clearly opinion...the above post was a further explanation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3736 on: February 11, 2021, 08:14:38 PM »
my original post you complained about was..

"Probably becasue the Germans are now leading the investigation which is as good as solved..imo"

clearly opinion...the above post was a further explanation
You were implying someone was going to be found guilty even before they had a trial. I'm hoping for the McCann's sake the presumption of innocence is not negated by opinion.  Free speech doesn't outweigh the presumption of innocence IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3737 on: February 11, 2021, 08:19:55 PM »
You were implying someone was going to be found guilty even before they had a trial. I'm hoping for the McCann's sake the presumption of innocence is not negated by opinion.  Free speech doesn't outweigh the presumption of innocence IMO.

Im not sure anyone will be found guilty

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3738 on: February 11, 2021, 08:29:56 PM »
Im not sure anyone will be found guilty
"As good as solved" ... "Im not sure anyone will be found guilty"

I don't like where you're headed.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3739 on: July 03, 2021, 06:21:31 PM »
Police arrest shakes up Madeleine McCann case 12 years after girl's disappearance
Paulo Pereira Cristovao appeared in the Netflix documentary series harshly questioning the parents of the girl who disappeared in Praia da Luz in 2007

December 7, 2019

A former Portuguese detective who was involved in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 and who recently appeared in the Netflix documentary about the case, was arrested and sentenced to seven and a half years in prison.

Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who also wrote a book about the mysterious plot, in which he harshly accused the girl's parents, was part of a criminal network that orchestrated several violent robberies at properties in Lisbon and at a resort in Cascaes. The prosecution proved that his role in the gang was to provide key information about the victims and their homes.

Gonçalo Amaral, who had been the chief investigator in the Madeleine McCann case, is also suspected of participating in the criminal network. However, he will remain at large until his judicial status is determined.

The 51-year-old former policeman had gone so far as to call for Kate and Gerry McCann to be arrested for leaving Madeleine alone at the Algarve hotel. In The Star of Madeleine, his book, he claimed that the girl had died and that her body had been thrown into the sea. Pereira Cristovao had been displaced from the police in 2009, accused of torturing the mother and uncle of another missing girl to make a false confession

The McCann case was reinvigorated in March with the premiere of the Netflix documentary about her disappearance, which claims that the British girl, last seen 12 years ago in Portugal, is still alive and being held hostage by a human trafficking network. The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, interviews dozens of experts and key figures in the case, in the hope of rekindled the mystery and reaching, among the more than 150 million subscribers, someone who can recognize her, if the girl is still alive.

Jim Gamble, the British police authority that led the first investigation, was emphatic: "I absolutely believe that before I die we will find out what happened to her." In that regard, he highlighted the important advances in DNA technology and facial recognition with which the evidence of old cases is reviewed.

The main hypothesis constructed in the documentary is that the girl was kidnapped for a trafficking network, due to her blonde appearance, which gives her more value on the black market. Julián Peribánez, a private investigator who was hired by the family, explained: "(Mafias) usually go after poor children from third world countries. It is the main source. The value that Madeleine had was very high, they were going to get a lot of money." In addition, the documentary argues that Portugal is a perfect location for the kidnappers, being able to take the victims by boat to almost countless parts of Europe.

However, the production does not feature the testimonies of Kate and Gerry McCann, who do not believe the documentary helps in the search and refused to participate in the interviews.

https://www.infobae.com/america/mundo/2019/12/07/el-arresto-de-un-policia-sacude-el-caso-madeleine-mccann-a-12-anos-de-la-desaparicion-de-la-nina/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3740 on: July 16, 2021, 11:05:55 PM »
Did Portuguese police let Madeleine McCann's abductor escape justice? Investigation focused on girl's parents... while German paedophile suspect was 'discarded' by detectives

Portuguese detectives who probed the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have been left facing tough questions after it emerged they identified the German paedophile who is now the chief suspect in 2007 - but 'discarded' him.

Goncalo Amaral, the man who led the investigation, confirmed in April last year that 'a German paedophile currently in jail in Germany' - now named as Christian Brueckner - was identified 13 years ago as a potential suspect.

But Amaral, who was sacked after naming Kate and Jerry as suspects in the disappearance and maintains they were responsible, said Brueckner was 'discarded' after detectives 'found nothing to suggest he took Madeleine'.

That is despite revelations today that Brueckner had a lengthy criminal record including burglary and child sex crimes, lived in a property just three miles from where Maddie went missing, and can be placed in the area on the night in question using mobile phone records.

He was then brought to the attention of Amaral as he investigated Madeleine's disappearance in 2007, but was dismissed as a 'scapegoat'.

Speaking to Australian podcast Maddie in April last year, Amaral predicted that British police 'are probably going to use a German paedophile who is in jail in Germany' as their chief suspect.

He said that the Portuguese Polícia Judiciária, 'investigated him at the time but found nothing to suggest he took Madeleine.'

Amaral suggested that British police had been working up cases against two German paedophiles - one of whom died a few years ago, leaving one suspect to pursue.

In the interview, he accused British detectives of 'wanting it to be' the now-dead paedophile.

Madeleine McCann: Paedophile suspect had 17 convictions | Daily Mail Online
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8387125/New-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-discussed-online-chatroom-years-later.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #3741 on: July 26, 2021, 04:29:28 AM »
Police arrest shakes up Madeleine McCann case 12 years after girl's disappearance
Paulo Pereira Cristovao appeared in the Netflix documentary series harshly questioning the parents of the girl who disappeared in Praia da Luz in 2007

December 7, 2019

A former Portuguese detective who was involved in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 and who recently appeared in the Netflix documentary about the case, was arrested and sentenced to seven and a half years in prison.

Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who also wrote a book about the mysterious plot, in which he harshly accused the girl's parents, was part of a criminal network that orchestrated several violent robberies at properties in Lisbon and at a resort in Cascaes. The prosecution proved that his role in the gang was to provide key information about the victims and their homes.

Gonçalo Amaral, who had been the chief investigator in the Madeleine McCann case, is also suspected of participating in the criminal network. However, he will remain at large until his judicial status is determined.

The 51-year-old former policeman had gone so far as to call for Kate and Gerry McCann to be arrested for leaving Madeleine alone at the Algarve hotel. In The Star of Madeleine, his book, he claimed that the girl had died and that her body had been thrown into the sea. Pereira Cristovao had been displaced from the police in 2009, accused of torturing the mother and uncle of another missing girl to make a false confession

The McCann case was reinvigorated in March with the premiere of the Netflix documentary about her disappearance, which claims that the British girl, last seen 12 years ago in Portugal, is still alive and being held hostage by a human trafficking network. The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, interviews dozens of experts and key figures in the case, in the hope of rekindled the mystery and reaching, among the more than 150 million subscribers, someone who can recognize her, if the girl is still alive.

Jim Gamble, the British police authority that led the first investigation, was emphatic: "I absolutely believe that before I die we will find out what happened to her." In that regard, he highlighted the important advances in DNA technology and facial recognition with which the evidence of old cases is reviewed.

The main hypothesis constructed in the documentary is that the girl was kidnapped for a trafficking network, due to her blonde appearance, which gives her more value on the black market. Julián Peribánez, a private investigator who was hired by the family, explained: "(Mafias) usually go after poor children from third world countries. It is the main source. The value that Madeleine had was very high, they were going to get a lot of money." In addition, the documentary argues that Portugal is a perfect location for the kidnappers, being able to take the victims by boat to almost countless parts of Europe.

However, the production does not feature the testimonies of Kate and Gerry McCann, who do not believe the documentary helps in the search and refused to participate in the interviews.

https://www.infobae.com/america/mundo/2019/12/07/el-arresto-de-un-policia-sacude-el-caso-madeleine-mccann-a-12-anos-de-la-desaparicion-de-la-nina/
It is somewhat fanciful to believe such gangs would go after such a massively high risk target just because she had blonde hair.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3742 on: July 26, 2021, 11:16:50 AM »
It is somewhat fanciful to believe such gangs would go after such a massively high risk target just because she had blonde hair.

There could be several reasons why she, especially, was targetted:

1)  Because of her very special pure bloodline, which i have suggested before to much derision
2)  Because a VERY RICH man had taken a fancy to her.   Sorry to have to say this, but facts must be faced
3)  Some couple wanted her for their daughter

IMO, number 1 is the most likely for reasons I have specified before   I

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3743 on: July 26, 2021, 04:00:42 PM »

What was "high risk" about an ordinary family on an ordinary family holiday pray do tell. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3744 on: July 26, 2021, 04:18:45 PM »
What was "high risk" about an ordinary family on an ordinary family holiday pray do tell.

Nothing, to all intents and purposes.  A very ordinary little girl from a very ordinary family, albeit well nurtured.

It was the time and place that mattered.  Madeleine was available.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3745 on: July 26, 2021, 04:25:17 PM »
But there were' lots of little blonde girls, all in pink', according to Jezz's partner . Why Madeleine ?

Because she was left unattended.

IMO
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:33:59 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3746 on: July 26, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »
Nothing, to all intents and purposes.  A very ordinary little girl from a very ordinary family, albeit well nurtured.

It was the time and place that mattered.  Madeleine was available.

Whoever abducted Madeleine never thought there would be the furore there was.  They knew there would be a bit of a stir - then the family would go home - and Madeleine would be to all intents and purposes forgotten.

The reaction of her parents just wasn't taken into consideration.  Which of us could take the initiatives the McCanns took to get their daughter back and keep at it with determination for as long as they have.  Not many if even any at all.

They didn't follow the script Amaral had rehearsed in Figueira - even to the slurs and use of the press - which is why he has such malice for them and has recently cast the smithman slur yet again.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3747 on: July 26, 2021, 04:44:52 PM »

I'm seeing abduction being stated as fact again.

I thought this was against forum rules?

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3748 on: July 26, 2021, 04:52:17 PM »

Quick, report the offending posts before we all start believing it must be true!!!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3749 on: July 26, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »

I suggest you contact the German police - the Portuguese police - and the British police, refer them to Amaral's book, then tell them they've got Madeleine's abduction all wrong.

However, now you mention it, maybe it is time I should be taking a closer look at posts which are against not only forum rules but common decency.