Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1498966 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #6420 on: November 09, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
What can you expect to find if you don't look for it ?

So once again what was the expectation of Grange digging up the waste ground.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6421 on: November 09, 2019, 12:24:27 PM »
So once again what was the expectation of Grange digging up the waste ground.
A process of elimination.  Isn't that what police do in an investigation?
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7060.msg561229#msg561229
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #6422 on: November 09, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »
      What about the missing child? Doesn't she count?
Err...yeah, hence the extensive investigation. They even chased 'strangers' who turned out to be non-existent, sometimes to other continents.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #6423 on: November 09, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »

What witness's,we know it wasn't the 3 amigos's,they were questioned afterwards.
Krugel maybe? I mean, he was pretty convincing.

Offline The General

« Reply #6424 on: November 09, 2019, 12:35:36 PM »
What if it is discovered that evidence which had been given to the police had never been investigated at all but filed away as being irrelevant.  I think that is either enormously corrupt or enormously incompetent if not both.
I thought some 'theories' were allowed to be consigned to the 'nutty bin'?
Do you seriously expect the police to 'investigate' every scrap of evidence, irrespective of its likely veracity, even if it's patently ludicrous, to coin a phrase? Every major crime since ever has received stupid 'leads' or evidence.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6425 on: November 09, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »
Krugel maybe? I mean, he was pretty convincing.

Apparently convincing enough for the PJ.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #6426 on: November 09, 2019, 12:42:27 PM »

What witness's,we know it wasn't the 3 amigos's,they were questioned afterwards.

This witness,  they were following up what this witness said she heard.   I'm sure I've given you this link before -

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488487/EXCLUSIVE-Potential-key-witness-McCann-case

Offline The General

« Reply #6427 on: November 09, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »
            Apparently convincing enough for the PJ.
Certainly Mr and Mrs McCann. Gerry even conjured a hair when none were to be found. 'OK Hansie, you bang the two housebricks together and I'll fire up the whirleygig in the shopping trolley'.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6428 on: November 09, 2019, 12:43:50 PM »
I thought some 'theories' were allowed to be consigned to the 'nutty bin'?
Do you seriously expect the police to 'investigate' every scrap of evidence, irrespective of its likely veracity, even if it's patently ludicrous, to coin a phrase? Every major crime since ever has received stupid 'leads' or evidence.

... and perhaps it can sometimes be a "stupid" lead slotting into place which solves a crime.  The point is that in Madeleine's case it was discovered in 2010 that the police simply hadn't followed anything through and investigated nothing since 2008 when Madeleine's case was archived..

Offline The General

« Reply #6429 on: November 09, 2019, 12:46:57 PM »
  ... and perhaps it can sometimes be a "stupid" lead slotting into place which solves a crime.  The point is that in Madeleine's case it was discovered in 2010 that the police simply hadn't followed anything through and investigated nothing since 2008 when Madeleine's case was archived..
That's probably the process in most police investigations in the western world. They have a cut off and 'cold case' it. If compelling new evidence is presented, then it's evaluated.
I suggest, given the decade long squeeze on UK police resources, that innumerable crimes have gone unsolved, despite relatively credible evidence coming to light, purely through lack of resources - arses in chairs.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #6430 on: November 09, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
They seemed to have opened it after SY got their hands on the missing HE file which included Smithman efits. The Portuguese came on board just as the efits were released on CW.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 01:03:44 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline barrier

« Reply #6431 on: November 09, 2019, 01:01:08 PM »
This witness,  they were following up what this witness said she heard.   I'm sure I've given you this link before -

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488487/EXCLUSIVE-Potential-key-witness-McCann-case

Ah! the lead investigators,the press.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #6432 on: November 09, 2019, 01:02:31 PM »
A process of elimination.  Isn't that what police do in an investigation?
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7060.msg561229#msg561229

Not if they were looking for something,after all how to they expect to find anything if they don't look.I'd venture not finding anything was not on their list of to do's.

Offline sadie

« Reply #6433 on: November 09, 2019, 01:11:37 PM »
Either a body or no body.   they had to follow up on what the witness said didn't they?   There was no body.

I feel sre that they would have been searching for traces of Madeleine.

Bur also, could be that they were looking for traces of Jos Brech.  Maybe they had noticed the sketch similarities of Jos to 'spotty man', as Anthro had.  He liked to live rough and was an expert at it.

Anyone know if they examined empty derelict buildings?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #6434 on: November 09, 2019, 01:18:11 PM »

"The woman gave an interview to Portuguese detectives 13 days after the disappearance but the report on the informal interview does not mention her overhearing a conversation about disposing of a body.
However, in April 2008 the woman made a further statement in which she recounted hearing the astonishing comment, saying she heard it days after the abduction."

She heard it days after but did not reveal it to police on 16 May 2007.  *%87

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.