Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 286699 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2055 on: August 28, 2019, 03:42:34 PM »
What happened to our post prorogation discussion?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2056 on: August 28, 2019, 03:50:35 PM »
Planned anti-prorogation protests across the country
Planned protests against the prorogation of parliament are springing up around the country.

Campaign group Another Europe is Possible is planning a demo on College Green in Westminster at 5.30pm.

The Leeds for Europe group is planning a protest in the city’s City Square for Thursday evening at 5.30pm.

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2057 on: August 28, 2019, 04:12:31 PM »
I’d have put money on you being a Leaver.

I am. But I still found Stewart Lee's skit amusing.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2058 on: August 28, 2019, 04:26:44 PM »
Planned anti-prorogation protests across the country
Planned protests against the prorogation of parliament are springing up around the country.

Campaign group Another Europe is Possible is planning a demo on College Green in Westminster at 5.30pm.

The Leeds for Europe group is planning a protest in the city’s City Square for Thursday evening at 5.30pm.

Will you be joining them, waving an EU flag & singing ode to joy?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2059 on: August 28, 2019, 04:42:40 PM »
Will you be joining them, waving an EU flag & singing ode to joy?
No, it's raining.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2060 on: August 28, 2019, 04:43:29 PM »
Good to know you can laugh at yourself and your fellow leavers. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2061 on: August 28, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »

I've still not worked out if he's a genius or an idiot.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2062 on: August 28, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »
He’s definitely not an idiot (unless you were referring to Spammy?)

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2063 on: August 28, 2019, 08:41:13 PM »

Stewart Lee is a comedy genius.

An old clip but still a good one.

Stewart Lee on UKIP & the bloody immigrants, comin' over 'ere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVO378tjsw

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2064 on: August 30, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »
Stewart Lee is a comedy genius.

An old clip but still a good one.

Stewart Lee on UKIP & the bloody immigrants, comin' over 'ere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVO378tjsw

I found this funny- not original though. Many years ago at school we had this debate about  illegal immigration /asylum seeking. just about the open border time.

The 'for' speaker took to the floor and he did indeed mention all the previous people from various cultures coming here for a better life and going further back to all other 'invasions'  (his word choice -not mine!) to the Romans and before.  It was very interesting all his facts and figures he did do his research.  However, he lost the debate.

And the reason was: Firstly, I pointed out the difference between asylum seeker and illegal immigrant.

Asylum seeker must report to the first port of call and claim asylum- they must produce evidence of their claims. The UK is an island therefore we are not the nearest safety port! An illegal immigrant is someone who will sneak in break the many laws as they can including slavery  in all its forms.(Yes, I know some still apologise for the black African slaves-turn a blind eye to the recent ones eastern europe in particular.) The black market and dark

I pointed out about what really happened during these 'invasions' the rape, murder,pillaging, torture,enforcing their culture and religeon upon the indigenous population, insideously taking over towns and villages, enforcing their will-enslaving many.   However, they came and conquered in a different way from the' open border' policy.  This is a war we will not win- when we do now know who thry are or where they are. Due to human rights and other protections they lie under. If they wanted  a job/house and security thy can do what Australians and Canadians and other  people do- apply for job-find housing come here and settle. Learn language is very important.

Now, having witnessed the huge increase in large Asian communities becoming politically powerful and pushing out indigenous people who beome subservant, and compliant to their will and beliefs in some cases. read about the many changes in law to accommodate this 'invasion' buzz words like rascist- islamophobic etc Their political leaders now have powerful influence to incorporate their religous ideaology, they threaten. murder those who dare to stand against them. In Germany and this country the grooming for  sexual abuse and rape  reports-takes a back seat of importance to those who feel a rascist attack has occured. Can you see what I see.

That won a standing ovasion.  P.S My Asian (Afghanistan)boyfirend, who was my opposition ,also stood  to applaud.  You see it is OK to tell it like it is without being a rascist or islamophobe.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Baz

« Reply #2065 on: August 30, 2019, 12:59:43 PM »
When did this debate happen just out of interest?

Asylum seeker must report to the first port of call and claim asylum

Must they? Says who? What if the first port is just another place that has similar issues to those they are fleeing?

The UK is an island therefore we are not the nearest safety port!

So we should accept no asylum seekers at all? We should not help anyone in need? (And some people call this a Christian country!)

An illegal immigrant is someone who will sneak in break the many laws as they can

Wow... think you're showing your own prejudices there. As you yourself have pointed out that one of the problems we have with illegal immigrants is tracking them, knowing who they are etc I'd love to see your sources that every illegal immigrant breaks as many laws as they can. Or was this the sort of debate where you could just stand up and say whatever you want without any supporting facts?

I pointed out about what really happened during these 'invasions' the rape, murder,pillaging, torture,enforcing their culture and religeon upon the indigenous population, insideously taking over towns and villages, enforcing their will-enslaving many.

Sounds like the history of colonial England.   

If they wanted  a job/house and security thy can do what Australians and Canadians and other  people do- apply for job-find housing come here and settle. Learn language is very important.

There is actually an Eu directive that allows us to repatriate those that after 3 months do not have the ability to support themselves like a job etc. We just don't use it. We have this ability to do so whilst in the EU.

Now, having witnessed the huge increase in large Asian communities becoming politically powerful and pushing out indigenous people who beome subservant, and compliant to their will and beliefs in some cases

Where has this happened please? I can't think of anywhere that only 'Asian' communities are allowed to live in. And yet you claim there to have been a huge increase in this?

Their political leaders now have powerful influence to incorporate their religous ideaology, they threaten. murder those who dare to stand against them.

Are you saying that in this country has political leaders with powerful influence that threaten and murder those opposed to them. Think I'd like proof for that too please.

That won a standing ovasion.

Are you sure this debate took place at school and not at a Britain First or UKIP rally. 

P.S My Asian (Afghanistan)boyfirend, who was my opposition ,also stood  to applaud.

Why the hell was your Afghan boyfriend doing in this country? There are so many more safe ports between here and there. I hope you checked his papers were in order before becoming involved.

« Reply #2066 on: August 30, 2019, 02:04:15 PM »
When did this debate happen just out of interest?

Must they? Says who? What if the first port is just another place that has similar issues to those they are fleeing?

So we should accept no asylum seekers at all? We should not help anyone in need? (And some people call this a Christian country!)

Wow... think you're showing your own prejudices there. As you yourself have pointed out that one of the problems we have with illegal immigrants is tracking them, knowing who they are etc I'd love to see your sources that every illegal immigrant breaks as many laws as they can. Or was this the sort of debate where you could just stand up and say whatever you want without any supporting facts?

Sounds like the history of colonial England.   

There is actually an Eu directive that allows us to repatriate those that after 3 months do not have the ability to support themselves like a job etc. We just don't use it. We have this ability to do so whilst in the EU.

Where has this happened please? I can't think of anywhere that only 'Asian' communities are allowed to live in. And yet you claim there to have been a huge increase in this?

Are you saying that in this country has political leaders with powerful influence that threaten and murder those opposed to them. Think I'd like proof for that too please.

Are you sure this debate took place at school and not at a Britain First or UKIP rally. 

Why the hell was your Afghan boyfriend doing in this country? There are so many more safe ports between here and there. I hope you checked his papers were in order before becoming involved.

What a pathetic attempt to attack.  You have taken what I have said way out of context- sure sign of a losing post.

I have never been nor would I attend anything political by any party!

The debate attended by a very mixed audience. My afghan boyfriend- now my husband!  saw members of his family  and community*punished* tortured by the taliban for not being the right kind of muslim. He was found half dead as a child by the British. He became an interpreter and map assistant.
He went through the correct legal route.  However some of the torturers are living here under the asylum laws.
You have absolutely no idea what is going on around you. So best you stay in your bubble.

He is very happy to talk  about the slave trade/  fored marriges in the UK/taliban ilfiltration/eastern european drug and sex slaver trade and the illegal immigrants from Asian coutries with neferious intentions. 

But not to you, as he sees you as a collaberator by being in denial.
 There are many laws being broken the first one is:
  • entering illegally! 
     selling sex for money
      sham marriages
      drug offenses 
     people trafficking   
    bombing citizens
    attacking citizens
    threatening to kill authors of books
    money laundering
    selling children for sex
    forcing FGM to be performed
    grooming children for sex abuse.

Now why don't you just come right out and call me a liar and say those things do not happen and that the muslim council of Great Britain does not demand consession or special treatment and demand that sharia law is first port of call.
 Imans can attend medical examinations of their females. Abortions can be demanded under the 'mental health act' as having a female  child born is costly to a family in certain cultures. And having two wives and marrying your first cousin is  not allowed in the UK, but  eyes are turned away.

However, back here in Scotland, and the here and now let us have a wee look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDhYxVGTpgo

Enjoy!  its a great laugh you will love it... and call them all liars!

Offline Baz

« Reply #2067 on: August 30, 2019, 03:24:31 PM »
What a pathetic attempt to attack.  You have taken what I have said way out of context- sure sign of a losing post.

The debate attended by a very mixed audience. My afghan boyfriend- now my husband!  saw members of his family  and community*punished* tortured by the taliban for not being the right kind of muslim. He was found half dead as a child by the British. He became an interpreter and map assistant.
He went through the correct legal route.  However some of the torturers are living here under the asylum laws.
You have absolutely no idea what is going on around you. So best you stay in your bubble.

He is very happy to talk  about the slave trade/  fored marriges in the UK/taliban ilfiltration/eastern european drug and sex slaver trade and the illegal immigrants from Asian coutries with neferious intentions. 

• entering illegally! 
     selling sex for money
      sham marriages
      drug offenses 
     people trafficking   
    bombing citizens
    attacking citizens
    money laundering
    selling children for sex

Now why don't you just come right out and call me a liar and say those things do not happen and that the muslim council of Great Britain does not demand consession or special treatment and demand that sharia law is first port of call.
 Imans can attend medical examinations of their females. Abortions can be demanded under the 'mental health act' as having a female  child born is costly to a family in certain cultures. And having two wives and marrying your first cousin is  not allowed in the UK, but  eyes are turned away.

I wasn't attacking. I'm not sure I have taken what you said out of context at all but I certainly didn't mean to attack you.

The BNP/UKIP rally line was purely sarcasm, as was you checking your boyfriend's papers. Sarcasm is a very British trait, I might point out.

I did however notice that you didn't actually address any of my questions or rebuttals.

I'm sorry your husband sees me in that way. Harsh, considering we have never met, but I'm genuinely glad he managed to survive the horrors of his early life and has managed to find a country willing to take him in and give him a new start. I honestly love that. THAT sort of thing is what makes ME proud to be British. We are in a privileged position, relative to many countries in the world, and so are in a position to help those in need. And we do.

Now, of course all of those crimes are true and have all been committed by some illegal immigrants. You, however, seemed to suggest that all illegal immigrants are here to commit as many of these crimes as possible. Tarnishing a large number of people with no evidence. Some of which (and I would argue probably most, but that is my liberal prejudice showing) are just here for a better life with no evil intentions at all. I would also point out that a lot of legal migrants have committed crimes from this list but you don't assume they are ALL committing these crimes (as you married one!) and in fact these crimes have been committed natural born British folk too but you don't tarnish all of us with the same brush.

Obviously there are instances of illegal immigrants doing horrible things but just because one right wing nutter killed a politician, I don't personally believe that all right leaning people are nutters. Does that make sense?

The Muslim Council is not something I know a great deal about. What it has to do with illegal immigrants and Brexit is lost on me.

I don't have time to watch the documentary right now I'm afraid but thanks for sharing. It looks like it's a bout people trafficking. But I'm willing to assume that it would make me angry and hate filled about the people committing the crimes but still not assume that everyone of their background is committing the crime.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 03:27:51 PM by Baz »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2068 on: August 30, 2019, 06:30:04 PM »

• entering illegally! 
     selling sex for money
      sham marriages
      drug offenses 
     people trafficking   
    bombing citizens
    attacking citizens
    money laundering
    selling children for sex

Your boyfriend was found half-dead by the British, became an interpreter and map reader - was that before or after he came to Britain to attend school and get on the debating team?  Was he already fluent in English by the time he was found half dead?  Why was he half dead and where were his parents?  It all sounds rather curious to me...

« Reply #2069 on: August 31, 2019, 02:19:39 PM »
I wasn't attacking. I'm not sure I have taken what you said out of context at all but I certainly didn't mean to attack you.

The BNP/UKIP rally line was purely sarcasm, as was you checking your boyfriend's papers. Sarcasm is a very British trait, I might point out.

I did however notice that you didn't actually address any of my questions or rebuttals.

I'm sorry your husband sees me in that way. Harsh, considering we have never met, but I'm genuinely glad he managed to survive the horrors of his early life and has managed to find a country willing to take him in and give him a new start. I honestly love that. THAT sort of thing is what makes ME proud to be British. We are in a privileged position, relative to many countries in the world, and so are in a position to help those in need. And we do.

Now, of course all of those crimes are true and have all been committed by some illegal immigrants. You, however, seemed to suggest that all illegal immigrants are here to commit as many of these crimes as possible. Tarnishing a large number of people with no evidence. Some of which (and I would argue probably most, but that is my liberal prejudice showing) are just here for a better life with no evil intentions at all. I would also point out that a lot of legal migrants have committed crimes from this list but you don't assume they are ALL committing these crimes (as you married one!) and in fact these crimes have been committed natural born British folk too but you don't tarnish all of us with the same brush.

Obviously there are instances of illegal immigrants doing horrible things but just because one right wing nutter killed a politician, I don't personally believe that all right leaning people are nutters. Does that make sense?

The Muslim Council is not something I know a great deal about. What it has to do with illegal immigrants and Brexit is lost on me.

I don't have time to watch the documentary right now I'm afraid but thanks for sharing. It looks like it's a bout people trafficking. But I'm willing to assume that it would make me angry and hate filled about the people committing the crimes but still not assume that everyone of their background is committing the crime.

Hi Baz, certainly seemed like an attack. It is ok though because I have been fighting for uncomfortable issues to be addresssed by certain communities,only to be called a rascist and a nazi. Hence why my husband has no interest in jousting with online personas as he has been called islamophobic fascist himself by highlighting issues. By ignorat lefties I have to say.   You may have forgotten the London bombings? are you aware many more attacks have been thwarted?

You just go on being defensive and welcoming  people you do not know, and we can both laugh it off. So what does being British mean exactly? That question is so diffcult as  wee have got to bring in culture and there are many which go against the greain of what was once perceieved as being British.

In reply to any 'curious' posters. My husband was found half dead 10 months old he could walk talk and speak 15 languages at 11 months, he did the interpreting and mapping 2 days before his 1st Birthday, all this while his parents were enjoying a few drinks in a local Tapas restaurant...

Some ignoramuses hate Germans  and believe they all played a part in the slaughter of innocents, Some Germans risked their lives by helping and assisting those hunted by the Nazis. they also assisted with spying and other work for the allies.  The same is happening on the middle east. some online personas don't believe it. I laugh it off at their proud stance of ignorance.