Author Topic: Was the crying incident on the Tuesday or the Wednesday?  (Read 10934 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Was the crying incident on the Tuesday or the Wednesday?
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2013, 02:43:33 AM »
Well maybe the reason you haven't found a valid accidental death theory is because you stop reading them the moment you happen across something you refuse to believe is possible.

Is it an absolute physical impossibility that some misfortune befell Madeleine on the 2nd May?

I'd say everything is on the table unless it is proven that it is a physical impossibility.
I suppose everything that questions the belief is condemned to death.This is how sects prosper.
Johanna built up a well tied together theory that sounds Agatha Christie's. But, apart from a complicity of the group that does make sense to me, there's a real rub and she didn't forgive my pointing to it.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2013, 02:48:41 AM »
they had NO idea that the files would be released to the public, so they said many things which turned out to be untrue
No idea, yes. Do you know btw when Mr McCann deleted his blog ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2013, 03:05:37 AM »
I hardly can imagine you're not part in this case and have no ties with the McCann family.
Ahh the usual last resort of a sceptic - i.e. - accuse the poster of being a relative of the McCanns. (sigh)

Read : imagine, not accuse !
I thought you were a nice person, but this (sigh) makes me think you only pretend to Be nice.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »
But not impossible though?

Hi, I had another read through and a good think about things but I'm sorry that I just can't give it any credence Albertini.  There are far too many witnesses who saw Madeleine on the 3rd and also the photos from Mr Edmonds which I am confident that the PJ and SY will have.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 11:06:40 PM »
Hi, I had another read through and a good think about things but I'm sorry that I just can't give it any credence Albertini.  There are far too many witnesses who saw Madeleine on the 3rd and also the photos from Mr Edmonds which I am confident that the PJ and SY will have.
Mr Edmonds ?

Offline Chinagirl

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »
Anne:  there was a holiday-maker called Philip Edmonds there who took photos of his own children in which Madeleine appeared in the background.  Bennett (I'm sure you know who I'm referring to) wrote to Edmonds asking him to supply copies of those photos to him (Bennett) in order to prove/disprove that Madeleine was indeed there on 3 May.  Edmonds replied to Bennett as follows:

Dear Mr Bennett,

"I am in receipt of your letter of 22 July regarding Madeleine McCann.

"I am sure you would appreciate that it would not be appropriate for me to comment too much, as we do not know each other, and I have no idea what your connection to the case is.

"However, I would also not want further conspiracy theories to fester by simply ignoring your letter.

"Therefore, I can confirm that whatever information I had (including some photos of my sons taken on the day Madeleine disappeared, which showed her in the background) was passed both to the police and to the McCanns at the time.

"Having been in Portugal at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance and seen all of the events first hand, there is not one shred of doubt in my mind that the events as reported were correct.

"In fact one of the most terrible parts of this tragedy is that there are people out there who are questioning this, just adding further to the nightmare that the McCann family have suffered. I cannot imagine anything crueller.

"I’m afraid I won’t enter into further correspondence on this matter with you.

"Yours sincerely,

"Philip Edmonds"

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:33:39 AM by Chinagirl »
A

AnneGuedes

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 12:51:03 AM »
Anne:  there was a holiday-maker called Philip Edmonds there who took photos of his own children in which Madeleine appeared in the background. 
Many thanks, Chinagirl, I had never heard of Mr Edmonds. Was this letter turned public by Mr Bennett ? Are the photographs of some interest except for proving Madeleine was alive on the 3rd, which I never doubted ?

Offline Chinagirl

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »
Yes - Bennett did make this letter public, which is how I was able to copy it.

As I have not seen these photos (nor, as far as I know, has anyone else outside the relevant police services), I am unable to answer your second question.
A

Offline Carana

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »
According to Silvia Batista, the twins were there and were taken up later.

The windows were shut and the curtains were slightly open. Gerry accompanied her on this visit, also with GNR
officers and he said that it had been him who had closed the window because the babies were still
sleeping there, which the deponent noticed to be true.

[snip]

At a given point, soon after the PJ officers arrived, the parents took the twins from their beds where they were sleeping, taking them up to the apartment on the first floor. At Kate's request the deponent took from the babies' cots the dolls and a blanket also up to the first floor. The cots stayed with only the mattresses [in them].

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P8/08_VOLUME_VIIIa_Page_1976.jpg
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P8/08_VOLUME_VIIIa_Page_1977.jpg
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:04:15 PM by John »

Offline Carana

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2013, 11:09:06 AM »
João Franciso Páscoa Luis Trigo Barreiras:

He was shown the room the child had disappeared from, having noticed that people also entered and left that room without any care in the sense of preserving traces. Inside this room there were two children, babies, sleeping in two cots placed in the middle of the room.

It was requested that the babies were moved, which was done accordingly, the witness having subsequently put his gloves on to begin the on-site inspection.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic8.html

So let's see, that's both Silvia Batista and João Berreiras who apparently were aware of the twins in their cots.

Berreiras would want the twins out of the bedroom to start on the forensics...

There was also Amy Tierney, but I don't find it clear whether her statement was accurately translated/transcribed as it mentions a "bed" in which the twins were sleeping.