Author Topic: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....  (Read 61647 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
If both Jewish and Muslim representatives have condemned this MPs contact with the far right – why has he not been censured?
Wednesday
Feb 2020

Both the Muslim Council of Britain and the Board of Deputies of British Jews have condemned Daniel Kawczynski for attending a conference with far-right European leaders.

But the Conservative government has said nothing.

What does that say about the politics of your cuddly, lovable, bumbling ol’ Boris Johnson?

Doesn’t it suggest that his own leanings are a little further to the right than we have been led to believe?

(That’s for readers who aren’t on benefits, of course. They all know the score.)

A Tory MP has defended his decision to speak at a conference in Rome alongside “some of Europe’s most notorious far-right politicians”.
Daniel Kawczynski has been condemned by the Board of Deputies of British Jews for attending the National Conservatism conference in Rome alongside Hungary’s far-right prime minister Viktor Orban.
Also speaking at the conference was Ryszard Legutko, the Polish Law and Justice MEP who has described homophobia as a “totally fictitious problem”
Misdaad Versie, a spokesperson for the Muslim Council of Britain also criticised Mr Kawczynski – as well as the Tory Chief Whip, whom the MP claims he informed about the conference ahead of time.

Jewish and Muslim representatives have condemned this MPs contact with the far right – why has he not been censured?
Why should they decide who has free speech and who hasn't- why should that power be handed over to them- considering they and their  family history would show they  were 'saved' by tyranny themselves to come to a' free country'.

So,

He is entitled to his point of view no matter how much you or I dislike it.

WE all are.

And we should stop with the shoving people into them and us boxes. That belongs in the Nazi and Stalin era of history in Europe. I find it a bit much with all this: no debate and not allowing free speech an abomination and an attack on my and fellow citizens  rights.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2020, 02:29:38 PM »
Jewish and Muslim representatives have condemned this MPs contact with the far right – why has he not been censured?
Why should they decide who has free speech and who hasn't- why should that power be handed over to them- considering they and their  family history would show they  were 'saved' by tyranny themselves to come to a' free country'.

So,

He is entitled to his point of view no matter how much you or I dislike it.

WE all are.

And we should stop with the shoving people into them and us boxes. That belongs in the Nazi and Stalin era of history in Europe. I find it a bit much with all this: no debate and not allowing free speech an abomination and an attack on my and fellow citizens  rights.

There is no freedom of speech without responsibility and when hate speech leads to the desensitising of a population and allows communities to be vilified then it must be called out for what it is. Fascism breeds when the ‘them and us’ rhetoric is employed.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »
There is no freedom of speech without responsibility and when hate speech leads to the desensitising of a population and allows communities to be vilified then it must be called out for what it is. Fascism breeds when the ‘them and us’ rhetoric is employed.

You have changed the conversation. No one mentioned
 hate speech. But just so you know   there is a them and us situation and always will be throughout humanity.

Fascism begins with censorship!

Not allowing this - not allowing that - only saying this- and only saying that.

Ask any German jew who has survived -how the mass murders were initiated.

You will be told- it started with the little things...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »

You have changed the conversation. No one mentioned
 hate speech. But just so you know   there is a them and us situation and always will be throughout humanity.

Fascism begins with censorship!

Not allowing this - not allowing that - only saying this- and only saying that.

Ask any German jew who has survived -how the mass murders were initiated.

You will be told- it started with the little things...

You didn’t mention hate speech but isn’t that really what we’re talking about ?

And yes I agree, it did start with the little things.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2020, 03:16:26 PM »
As far as I’m aware it’s not a crime to attend a conference of politicians including democratically elected heads of government who have far right views.  If and until it is I don’t really see why this politician deserves condemnation from his party leader.  I’m sure RLB would receive no condemnation from Jeremy Corbyn if she entertained Hamas and Hezbollah representatives at her office (even though these are officially proscribed organisations).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2020, 03:25:25 PM »
As far as I’m aware it’s not a crime to attend a conference of politicians including democratically elected heads of government who have far right views.  If and until it is I don’t really see why this politician deserves condemnation from his party leader.  I’m sure RLB would receive no condemnation from Jeremy Corbyn if she entertained Hamas and Hezbollah representatives at her office (even though these are officially proscribed organisations).

So no politician should be circumspect in who they associate with ? Is that your opinion ?

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2020, 03:33:07 PM »
You didn’t mention hate speech but isn’t that really what we’re talking about ?

And yes I agree, it did start with the little things.

No faith. That conference was not about' hate speech'- unless we all missed something. I shall define my definition of hate speech, and you can define yours in case we are on a wrong conversation here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLpG5b18pk

Calling people to take arms against others is  hate speech- inciting hatred. 

Discussing lack of integration of illegal and legal migrants is NOT hate speech. and neither is challenging behaviors which is against the law for  the majority of this country.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2020, 03:48:33 PM »
So no politician should be circumspect in who they associate with ? Is that your opinion ?
In my view associating with proscribed organisations is a no-no and deserves to be called out.  Associating with the PM of Hungary or the president of the USA should not result in a rebuke from your party leader, no.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2020, 04:45:51 PM »
No faith. That conference was not about' hate speech'- unless we all missed something. I shall define my definition of hate speech, and you can define yours in case we are on a wrong conversation here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLpG5b18pk

Calling people to take arms against others is  hate speech- inciting hatred. 

Discussing lack of integration of illegal and legal migrants is NOT hate speech. and neither is challenging behaviors which is against the law for  the majority of this country.

I’m not disagreeing.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
In my view associating with proscribed organisations is a no-no and deserves to be called out.  Associating with the PM of Hungary or the president of the USA should not result in a rebuke from your party leader, no.

Margaret Thatcher And Tony Blair’s governments ‘associated’ with the IRA to bring about peace.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »
Margaret Thatcher And Tony Blair’s governments ‘associated’ with the IRA to bring about peace.
They didn’t associate with them by bigging them up, calling them friends and laying wreaths for their fallen “heroes”. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »
They didn’t associate with them by bigging them up, calling them friends and laying wreaths for their fallen “heroes”.

Begging them up ? When did Corbyn ‘big up’ any terrorist group ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2020, 05:04:39 PM »
Begging them up ? When did Corbyn ‘big up’ any terrorist group ?
by inviting them to tea, calling them friends and laying wreaths for their dead.  For a start. 

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2020, 05:16:28 PM »

No, Tony certainly didn't do that 'coughs'

He forgave them all sins, started a which hunt in the army and turned a blind eye to the continued drug cartels, knee capping,and other 'minor' offenses committed against Irish Roman Catholics...

I do agree that some soldiers under their own violation who killed innocent people within skirmishes should  be held accountable, and like the pardoned IRA should be forgiven. But the witch hunt goes on and on  and on...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2020, 05:17:19 PM »
by inviting them to tea, calling them friends and laying wreaths for their dead.  For a start.

You know of all the accusations thrown at Corbyn the ‘friends’ one displays most clearly the writers lack of sophistication.

BTW while you’re here why not pop over to the Rachel Riley thread and leave your view. Is Rosen one of those [ censored word]emitic jews who deny the Holocaust, even though either they or their families were directly affected or is Rachel Riley simply jumping on the [ censored word]emitism bandwagon as she knows it plays well with the masses ?

Love her ‘I don’t look like a typical Jew’ remark during her Channel 4 interview. Talk about hoisted by her own petard !