Absolutely. It was Prof Harrison's initiative. He had read the reports of all the police forces. He knew the flat had been rented after Madeleine disappeared. He knew also no body's remains had been left behind in the flat.
Posters should realize that starting to doubt the pertinence of bringing the EVRD is in fact suggesting Prof Harrison MBE didn't behave as the highly respected professional he is.
- As I replied to Red, I don't think it
was a waste of money and time to bring the dogs over as they might have found
physical remains, even a tiny, but vital piece of physical evidence left that the initial forensic officers had missed, so I don't see why the issue of residual scent casts any aspersions on Harrison's professionalism.
- The issue is - in the hypothesis that she had died in the apartment - whether
residual scent could still be detected 3 months later in the real-life conditions in PdL. For the reasons I've already explained, I have found no research to support that.
- How could he have known that the apartment had been rented out when the DCCB letter to Amaral, informing him of this, was dated
27 September 2007?