Author Topic: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.  (Read 207621 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline pathfinder73

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #990 on: October 11, 2015, 03:14:44 PM »
Do we know Fiona's response to this statement? I would be horrified at leaving the children alone for any lenght of time but, to leave the apartment unlocked to let madeleine come get them? The seriouslness of this situation regarding risk assessment is fantastic beyond belief. Kate is essentially telling us;
1. it was because of her daughters waking up she left the door unlocked
2. if a fire broke out it was Maddies responsibility to get help/remove  her siblings, act as fire warden? age 3?
OMG

So if we are to accept their original claim that they were 'sitting in a garden' 'could see the apartment', 'checked the children every 30 mins' then why leave the door unlocked at all?

The fact that their daughter did tell them about waking, and them ignoring this is disgraceful. It would seem nothing was giong to ruin their dinner with drinks.

Big contradiction here. Kate wasn't the type to leave the doors unlocked. So what could be another reason? It's obvious.

I was a bit surprised, I mean, Kate, you were asking about what they're like as parents, and they're certainly not, erm, paranoid parents, what I would call paranoid parents, you know, but they're very, very careful parents. Erm, you know, I've got friends who are very laid back and, you know, I wouldn't be surprised, erm, for them to feel happy doing that sort of thing. But it did surprise me a bit with Kate, because I think, you know, she is, between her and Gerry, they are very different, she is very cautious, Gerry, erm, you know, is probably more sort of happy to, tut, relax and go with the flow and that sort of thing, Kate is very, very much more cautious. So, you know, I think, as I said earlier, I think that was something she wasn't quite happy with'.

 1485
 'Did she say that she had confronted Gerry over that matter''
 
 Reply
 'No. No, I mean, I think they'd discussed it and, you know, she, she had, huh, it sounds like it happens a lot, when I say, you know, about deciding to go on holiday, but, you know, he's very much 'Oh it'll be fine', you know, and she was like, you know, yeah, most of the time he's probably right, you know, she worries a bit too much and he worries less. But, you know, I don't think there was an issue between them about it but, as I say, Kate was, it was just something that I'm sure was on her mind that night'.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #991 on: October 11, 2015, 03:23:04 PM »
Does Wilkins say which direction he (Wilkins) was walking in ?

It is in here if you wade through it!
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id327.html
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pathfinder73

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #992 on: October 11, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »
Does Wilkins say which direction he (Wilkins) was walking in ?

It is in here if you wade through it!
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id327.html

I left about 8.15 pm – 8.30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I couldn't see inside the restaurant. As I got the baby to sleep, I was on my way back to the apartment. I came out of the top road. I met him near some stairs and a ground floor flat.

There was a gate leading up to some stairs. I was pretty certain that he had left the apartment. We spoke for a few minutes. He said 'you're on walking duty'. I said I was staying in and the pro's and con's and what to do with the children. He said that if he was staying two (2) weeks, he may stay in one night. I don't remember anyone else walk past with a child. The conversation lasted for about three (3) to five (5) minutes. (JW 7 May 2007)

That's nice of Gerry after the alleged crying episode that morning &%+((£

LEICESTERSHIRE CONSTABULARY

OFFICER'S REPORT

To: Receiver
From: DC 1756 Mike Marshall
Incident: Op Task
No. of pages: 3
Date: 05/11/07

Their son was unable to sleep so about 2015hrs, Jeremy took him, in the pushchair for a walk. He walked around the main area of the resort and eventually ended up in the Tapas bar where he used the toilet facility. He was unable to state what time this was. His son was still awake so he walked in the area of the ocean club gardens and walked along the alleyways in that general area. He eventually made his way along Rua Dr Francisco toward the direction of Rua Dr Agostinho. At this time he was walking on the right side of the road passing the Tapas bar area to his left. He noticed the bad street lighting and although it was not completely dark there was enough light to see clearly. As he approached the corner of the McCanns apartment, he saw Gerry appear from the area of the gate. He crossed the road and engaged in general conversation with Gerry. At this time they were stood with Gerry’s back to the building near to the gate and Jeremy facing him. Rua Dr Agostino was about 10 – 15 meters to his right and the pathway leading to the front of the apartment blocks about 5 meters to his left.

He was adamant that he did not see any one else in the area. When spoken to in reference to Jane Tanner walking by, he again stated that he saw no one. He also stated that he did not see or hear anyone to his right. He was aware of the recent picture in the papers re the person with a child wrapped in a blanket and in a males arms alledgedly walking across the junction to his right but again stated that he did not see any one.

The conversation with Gerry lasted for about three minutes during which Gerry was chatty and in his normal self. Jeremy then made his way back to his apartment.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #993 on: October 11, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »
It is in here if you wade through it!
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id327.html

Phew!  Well from what I can make of it. Jez was returning towards his apartment, so should have been traveling uphill away from the Tapas reception. He sees Gerry appear from the area of the gate.
This suggests that they would have met downhill of the gate, but he doesn't specify exactly where they met

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #994 on: October 11, 2015, 03:58:21 PM »
Phew!  Well from what I can make of it. Jez was returning towards his apartment, so should have been traveling uphill away from the Tapas reception. He sees Gerry appear from the area of the gate.
This suggests that they would have met downhill of the gate, but he doesn't specify exactly where they met

There's a diagram there, provided by Jez, where X marks the spot.

Offline jassi

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #995 on: October 11, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »
But does Gerry not say they were on the other side of the road?

Contradictory evidence so none the wiser.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #996 on: October 11, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
Does Wilkins say which direction he (Wilkins) was walking in ?

Wilkins was walking up the right side of the road, coming from the car park opposite the Tapas entrance. He crossed the road when he saw Gerald McCann.

The distance from the top of the road to the junction with the path leading to the gardens of the apartments is approx. 33 meters. Wilkins thought it was approx. 20 meters at the most, because he says they spoke 5 meters north of the path and 10-15 meters south of the top of the road. However, from that we can assume that when he spoke to Gerald they were standing either half way or one third of the way between the path and the top of the road.

Half of 32 meters is 16 meters and one third is 11 meters. consequently they were at least 11 meters north of the junction with the path. This places them north of the side gate, as the joint timeline confirms.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_3_MAY_07.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

Re: I find it odd that the door was left open so a child barely 4 could roam.
« Reply #997 on: October 11, 2015, 04:43:22 PM »
Wilkins was walking up the right side of the road, coming from the car park opposite the Tapas entrance. He crossed the road when he saw Gerald McCann.

The distance from the top of the road to the junction with the path leading to the gardens of the apartments is approx. 33 meters. Wilkins thought it was approx. 20 meters at the most, because he says they spoke 5 meters north of the path and 10-15 meters south of the top of the road. However, from that we can assume that when he spoke to Gerald they were standing either half way or one third of the way between the path and the top of the road.

Half of 32 meters is 16 meters and one third is 11 meters. consequently they were at least 11 meters north of the junction with the path. This places them north of the side gate, as the joint timeline confirms.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_3_MAY_07.htm

OK. If you look at the pictures posted  on another current  thread  (streetview) the gate would seem to be about 3 metres uphill from the pathway.  Certainly not where shown on the sketch plan
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:47:59 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future