Author Topic: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?  (Read 118855 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2015, 12:20:25 PM »
to get back on topic...the McCanns are sensitive to being libelled...that's all...and I don't see anything wrong with that

Most of this thread seems to be supporters answering a question that wasn't asked. The thread is about alternative points of view not libel.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »
Thank you Angelo. I don't defend those who post nasty personal comments about anyone, it's indefensible whichever 'side' does it. Unfortunately it's a common occurence on the internet and anyone using the internet has to deal with it, no-one is exempt.

The McCanns, like Kerry Needham, had a choice; deal with posts disagreeing with their viewpoint and continue publicising their daughter's disappearance on Twitter or give up. They chose to give up. i didn't accuse them of being too sensitive, the words aren't mine as I didn't start this thread. I don't know why they chose to give up at this point in time.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »
Wrong again.

You aren't fooling anyone.

In your limited opinion...and we know how little that is worth

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2015, 12:22:42 PM »
In your limited opinion...and we know how little that is worth

Infinitely more than yours.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
Thank you Angelo. I don't defend those who post nasty personal comments about anyone, it's indefensible whichever 'side' does it. Unfortunately it's a common occurence on the internet and anyone using the internet has to deal with it, no-one is exempt.

The McCanns, like Kerry Needham, had a choice; deal with posts disagreeing with their viewpoint and continue publicising their daughter's disappearance on Twitter or give up. They chose to give up. i didn't accuse them of being too sensitive, the words aren't mine as I didn't start this thread. I don't know why they chose to give up at this point in time.

if you don't agrre with nasty personal comments...Angelo posted that the McCanns disgusted him...would you condone that or do you actually agree with nasty personal comments

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2015, 12:24:28 PM »
Infinitely more than yours.

do you have any evidence to support that or are you showing how limited and poor your opinion is

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »
do you have any evidence to support that or are you showing how limited and poor your opinion is

So predictable in your tactics.

Didn't you learn anything from yesterday ?

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
Most of this thread seems to be supporters answering a question that wasn't asked. The thread is about alternative points of view not libel.

Well said. Is every alternative viewpoint libelous? Perhaps the supporters would like to clarify that point.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »
Most of this thread seems to be supporters answering a question that wasn't asked. The thread is about alternative points of view not libel.

Ah, libel.  The favourite word in their vocabulary  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »
Well said. Is every alternative viewpoint libelous? Perhaps the supporters would like to clarify that point.

From a legal standpoint, you'd probably get away with accusing them of 'neglect' for leaving the kids.

There's no question they did leave the kids and I think the 'neglect' accusation would count as 'opinion based on fact' (not libel).

But accusing them of any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter, covering up that alleged 'fact', and maintaining a fraudulent fund in their (dead) daughter's name: all  assuredly libel ....

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
if you don't agrre with nasty personal comments...Angelo posted that the McCanns disgusted him...would you condone that or do you actually agree with nasty personal comments

I haven't seen that comment. I've seen some posted by you, though. I've had them directed at me, in fact.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »
Most of this thread seems to be supporters answering a question that wasn't asked. The thread is about alternative points of view not libel.

so what alternative points of view are you talking about...don't you realise that apart from one...woke and wandered...the rest are libellous

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2015, 12:45:49 PM »
I haven't seen that comment. I've seen some posted by you, though. I've had them directed at me, in fact.  @)(++(*

so on that basis I take it you disapprove of his comment...what about his comment that they were "shit parents"...do you condone taht

Offline lordpookles

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
My belief in the mccanns is not unquestioning...quite the opposite..I don't see any evidence to suspect them of not telling the truth and I see your viewpoint and those of others are based mainly on ignorance and an  inability to assess the evidence

Hypothetically what type of evidence would start to make you question the McCanns and put a stop to your personal crusade to defend them? I don't mean that rudely - I only say crusade because of your post count. For instance would positive DNA corrobation make you think twice if the tests were made again with today's more advanced forensic techniques? It would me. For now I think I'll choose to believe them and on the balance of all I've read I do but imo it's definitely not black and white. Ultimately of course the law will decide...

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
so on that basis I take it you disapprove of his comment...what about his comment that they were "shit parents"...do you condone taht

As is usual an assumption is being made. I said I haven't seen the comment. As you yourself often say, context is everything. If you direct me to the post you are referring to I will decide for myself.

As to the McCann's parenting skills, let me ask you a question. Supposing your daughter had been the same age as Madeleine and you had allowed her to go on holiday with them to keep Madeleine company. Let's suppose she was in the vacant bed in the apartment. If the McCanns had rung you and said 'Madeleine has been abducted from the apartment, but your daughter's OK' would you have said 'Oh, Ok, I'll see her on Saturday' or would you have been on the first available flight to PdL to fetch her home?. Would you have said 'It wasn't their fault, they did everything they could to make the children safe' or would you have said something quite different, knowing your daughter had been left alone in an unlocked apartment for 5 evenings?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0