Author Topic: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?  (Read 218933 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline misty

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2016, 12:27:57 AM »
So you are saying that the McCanns didn't have the twins tested for drugs just in case any had been found. I thought you couldn't possibly be claiming such a ridiculous, and dangerous, thing but it's possible you are right. Of course the McCanns would have to have known they were there in the first place.

Perhaps you could furnish us with a cite for your claim 'that 'the McCanns asked for specialist dogs before Harrison/Grime got involved' ?

No, you misunderstand. It was imo a brave, but necessary decision to have the twins tested a few months down the line, given all the mounting allegations. Had the parents known the tests would undoubtedly have shown positive, do you really believe they would have gone down that path instead of just leaving the blame for non-testing at the door of the disinterested PJ?
I will try to find the cite about the dogs & get back to you - I'm sure I read it somewhere, possibly in Kate's book.

Offline mercury

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #496 on: January 14, 2016, 01:37:07 AM »

I will try to find the cite about the dogs & get back to you - I'm sure I read it somewhere, possibly in Kate's book.

Do you mean this??

27.15


Really? The Mccanns suggested bringng in the cadaver and blood dog for a more thorough search ...the NPIA (Harrison) suggested it he says only Im sure the Mccanns wouldnt as Harrison did recommend their  apartments and car be searched....it just does not gel

Still, you said they asked for these dogs BEFORE Harrison, so,
 I await your different cite.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:47:26 AM by John »

Offline pegasus

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #497 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:51 AM »
Here is almost named the source who IMO carefully crafted and handfed to UK papers in Sept 2007 the ridiculous "it was X that requested Eddie" invention http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/sep/23/ukcrime.internationalcrime

Offline John

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2016, 01:50:44 AM »
No, you misunderstand. It was imo a brave, but necessary decision to have the twins tested a few months down the line, given all the mounting allegations. Had the parents known the tests would undoubtedly have shown positive, do you really believe they would have gone down that path instead of just leaving the blame for non-testing at the door of the disinterested PJ?

From Kate McCann's book:

On  the  night  Madeleine  was  taken,  you  may remember,  Gerry and  I had  been very concerned  that Sean  and  Amelie  had  hardly  moved  in  their  cots,  let alone  woken  up,  despite the  commotion in the apartment.  Since  Madeleine  was  snatched apparently  without  making  a  sound,  we  had  always suspected that all three  children  might  have  been sedated  by  the  abductor.  We  mentioned  this  to  the police  that  night  and  several  more  times  in  the folowing  weeks,  but  no  testing  of  urine,  blood  or hair,  which  could  have  revealed  the  presence  of drugs,  had  ever  been  done.  Apparently,  hair  grows at  a  rate  of  approximately  1cm  per  month,  so  it  was possible  that  hair  samples  taken  even  four  months later  could  provide  us  with  additional  information.  It was  worth  a  shot,  at  least.  I asked  for  samples  of  my own hair to be taken as well simply  because  I  was fed  up  with  the  constant  insinuations  that  I  took tranquilizers, sleeping pills  or  any  medication,  for that  matter. The process seemed to take ages and we all  lost loads  of  hair.  I  couldn’t  believe  they  had  to  take  so much.  The  scientist  cut  chunks  of  it  from  Sean  and Amelie’s  heads  while  they  were  sleeping.  I cried  as  I heard  the  scissors  in  their  baby-blond  hair.  I  felt angry  that  the  children  had  to  go  through  this  further insult.  As  for  me,  I  looked  as  if  I  had  alopecia.Though  I  cursed  the  abductor  and  the  PJ,  I  had bigger  things  to  worry about. All the  hair  samples  produced  negative  results. While this didn’t totally  exclude  the  possibility  that  the children had been sedated, especialy given the  time that  had  elapsed,  it  meant  nobody else  (including  the PJ  and  the  media)  could  prove  otherwise.  It  also confirmed  that  I didn’t  ‘abuse’  sedative  medication.  It is  sad  that  we  had  to  go  to  such  lengths  to demonstrate this; sadder still  that  such  tests  weren’t carried  out  at  the  time.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:57:22 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mercury

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2016, 02:05:24 AM »
Here is almost named the source who IMO carefully crafted and handfed to UK papers in Sept 2007 the ridiculous "it was X that requested Eddie" invention http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/sep/23/ukcrime.internationalcrime

By sept 07 all sorts of players were on the scene muddying  the waters and creating a new story! Mitchell! PR corporations lawyers and others

It was a farce

The McCanns and co  knew whatever they said the public would believe...they were so confident for some reason....ah the files weren't out

Offline misty

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #500 on: January 14, 2016, 02:09:18 AM »
From Kate McCann's book:

On  the  night  Madeleine  was  taken,  you  may remember,  Gerry and  I had  been very concerned  that Sean  and  Amelie  had  hardly  moved  in  their  cots,  let alone  woken  up,  despite the  commotion in the apartment.  Since  Madeleine  was  snatched apparently  without  making  a  sound,  we  had  always suspected that all three  children  might  have  been sedated  by  the  abductor.  We  mentioned  this  to  the police  that  night  and  several  more  times  in  the folowing  weeks,  but  no  testing  of  urine,  blood  or hair,  which  could  have  revealed  the  presence  of drugs,  had  ever  been  done.  Apparently,  hair  grows at  a  rate  of  approximately  1cm  per  month,  so  it  was possible  that  hair  samples  taken  even  four  months later  could  provide  us  with  additional  information.  It was  worth  a  shot,  at  least.  I asked  for  samples  of  my own hair to be taken as well simply  because  I  was fed  up  with  the  constant  insinuations  that  I  took tranquilizers, sleeping pills  or  any  medication,  for that  matter. The process seemed to take ages and we all  lost loads  of  hair.  I  couldn’t  believe  they  had  to  take  so much.  The  scientist  cut  chunks  of  it  from  Sean  and Amelie’s  heads  while  they  were  sleeping.  I cried  as  I heard  the  scissors  in  their  baby-blond  hair.  I  felt angry  that  the  children  had  to  go  through  this  further insult.  As  for  me,  I  looked  as  if  I  had  alopecia.Though  I  cursed  the  abductor  and  the  PJ,  I  had bigger  things  to  worry about. All the  hair  samples  produced  negative  results. While this didn’t totally  exclude  the  possibility  that  the children had been sedated, especialy given the  time that  had  elapsed,  it  meant  nobody else  (including  the PJ  and  the  media)  could  prove  otherwise.  It  also confirmed  that  I didn’t  ‘abuse’  sedative  medication.  It is  sad  that  we  had  to  go  to  such  lengths  to demonstrate this; sadder still  that  such  tests  weren’t carried  out  at  the  time.

No, but thank you John. It was a piece about Gerry wanting specialist or cadaver dogs brought in very early on, but I'm struggling to find it (small print also an issue at this time of night).

Offline pegasus

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #501 on: January 14, 2016, 02:14:22 AM »
The Grauniad article is dated Sept 2007 and claims
"The couple, worried that inquiries by the Policia Judiciaria were losing momentum, asked detectives last month to re-examine the apartment where their daughter went missing and also for the use of sniffer dogs to seek fresh clues."
So it claims that in August the tourists requested the UK cadaver and blood dogs.
Problem for whoever bandied that around the media is they failed to anticipate that the files would eventually be released - and we can now read the files proof that in July 2007 the NPIA  recommended using the UK dogs. July is before August IMO.
Back to the tests, what date might the supposed two calls be if hypothetically they happened?

Offline mercury

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #502 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:03 AM »
July is before August IMO.


 @)(++(*

It is an load of transparent disgraceful  poppycock IMO nite now

Offline pegasus

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #503 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:54 AM »
By sept 07 all sorts of players were on the scene muddying  the waters and creating a new story! Mitchell! PR corporations lawyers and others

It was a farce

The McCanns and co  knew whatever they said the public would believe...they were so confident for some reason....ah the files weren't out
all sorts of players only one player IMO Merc
Back to the hairtests after return to UK isn't there a thing in hair tests for some employments where they test only the length of the latest 3 months?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:25:00 AM by pegasus »

Offline G-Unit

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #504 on: January 14, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
all sorts of players only one player IMO Merc
Back to the hairtests after return to UK isn't there a thing in hair tests for some employments where they test only the length of the latest 3 months?

That is the industry standard pegasus, although the police sometimes ask for tests over a longer period as they did in the Shannon Matthews case. Although the tests were negative, Kate admits that doesn't exclude the possibility that the twins were drugged 'given the time that had elapsed'. Still, the important thing was  'it  meant  nobody else  (including  the PJ  and  the  media)  could  prove  otherwise'.

Initially she said she wanted the twins tested as she thought the 'abductor' had drugged all her children. By the time she decided to have the tests done the intention seemed to be to show that there was no evidence of sedation by anyone. They never disclosed where the tests were done, who by, or what they tested for.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline xtina

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #505 on: January 14, 2016, 10:20:24 AM »
That is the industry standard pegasus, although the police sometimes ask for tests over a longer period as they did in the Shannon Matthews case. Although the tests were negative, Kate admits that doesn't exclude the possibility that the twins were drugged 'given the time that had elapsed'. Still, the important thing was  'it  meant  nobody else  (including  the PJ  and  the  media)  could  prove  otherwise'.

Initially she said she wanted the twins tested as she thought the 'abductor' had drugged all her children. By the time she decided to have the tests done the intention seemed to be to show that there was no evidence of sedation by anyone. They never disclosed where the tests were done, who by, or what they tested for.

They never disclosed where the tests were done, who by, or what they tested for.


really good point
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Benice

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #506 on: January 14, 2016, 10:30:21 AM »
IMO the bottom line is that if K&G had sedated the twins - then there is no way they would have deliberately brought up the subject of possible drug use with anyone - and definitely not with the PJ.     

IMO by drawing attention to the possibility of sedation with the PJ  -  they did the complete opposite of what guilty people would do.     

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline xtina

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #507 on: January 14, 2016, 10:35:11 AM »
k mccs book

It was  worth  a  shot,  at  least.  I asked  for  samples  of  my own hair to be taken as well simply  because  I  was fed  up  with  the  constant  insinuations  that  I  took tranquilizers, sleeping pills  or  any  medication,  for that  matter.

pity she didn't do the lie detector as well. then...............

if she wasn't on any medication at all ....who's were all the pills found in the second apartment ....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Lace

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #508 on: January 14, 2016, 10:43:36 AM »
k mccs book

It was  worth  a  shot,  at  least.  I asked  for  samples  of  my own hair to be taken as well simply  because  I  was fed  up  with  the  constant  insinuations  that  I  took tranquilizers, sleeping pills  or  any  medication,  for that  matter.

pity she didn't do the lie detector as well. then...............

if she wasn't on any medication at all ....who's were all the pills found in the second apartment ....


I believe the 'lie detector'   is a myth xtina,   Gerry was asked about it during an interview and he said they weren't asked to take a lie detector test they haven't got them in Portugal.

The pills you are talking about are probably the ones left by Kate's father who has Parkinson's disease.

Offline xtina

Re: Was the PJ's biggest mistake not testing the twins straight away?
« Reply #509 on: January 14, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
IMO the bottom line is that if K&G had sedated the twins - then there is no way they would have deliberately brought up the subject of possible drug use with anyone - and definitely not with the PJ.     

IMO by drawing attention to the possibility of sedation with the PJ  -  they did the complete opposite of what guilty people would do.   


they say never judge a book by its cover .....

the book IMO was a cover .....to ...tidy up [as she thought ] ....all the things she needed to give innocent explanations for ...like it works on you ...as in ..why would she bring it up ....that was the whole point of the book ..it was in her words ...it was about her ...not maddie ..

all in her words ....just the same as the abduction ...her word only.....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.