It doesn't take a genius Alfie but in my experience I have never known two children to similtaneously sleep through the noise that must have been made in 5a that night and also to simultaneously stay asleep while they were taken out into the cold night air. One child I could just about believe but two? I'd say the odds were astronomical.......unless, of course, they had been drugged......but then again would burglars do that ?
Well faith, decent burglars would carry such drugs just in case their punters woke up, I would suspect a medical burglar would need to be involved purley so that the right amount was given- gosh wouldn't want to kill the kids right?... just enough to make them sleep deeply for a long time- well all night to be precise.
You know the bad queen in Snowwhite story,was very careful with her quantities of poison- just to make her sleep(induced coma) until a prince came a passing by.