Author Topic: The tracker dogs  (Read 135950 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »
G-unit It was the same one.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2016, 11:38:02 AM »
G-unit It was the same one.

Oh? I didn't find your exact quote but I did find a similar one. It's not really important anyway as the conclusion applies to all the work done by the tracker dogs, so it all has equal value.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »
Oh? I didn't find your exact quote but I did find a similar one. It's not really important anyway as the conclusion applies to all the work done by the tracker dogs, so it all has equal value.
Just out of curiosity what does your version say?  I had that the other day where the same link seemed to point to two different versions of the file.  I would have no idea how that could happen.
mine says "The dog did not demonstrate to its owner that it had found the scent it was searching for. "
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2016, 02:41:35 PM »
Just out of curiosity what does your version say?  I had that the other day where the same link seemed to point to two different versions of the file.  I would have no idea how that could happen.
mine says "The dog did not demonstrate to its owner that it had found the scent it was searching for. "

If you provided links this discussion could have been avoided! You were not looking at the same statement I quoted, despite your protestations!

They did not demonstrate that they had detected the odour in question.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PEDRO_ESTEVES.htm

The dog did not demonstrate to its owner that it had found the scent it was searching for.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANTONIO_SILVA.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2016, 08:19:11 PM »
If you provided links this discussion could have been avoided! You were not looking at the same statement I quoted, despite your protestations!

They did not demonstrate that they had detected the odour in question.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PEDRO_ESTEVES.htm

The dog did not demonstrate to its owner that it had found the scent it was searching for.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANTONIO_SILVA.htm
Thanks for answering G-unit but I still don't feel at fault for in the post I responded to you from you were quoting Silva not Esteves. http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=post;quote=354104;topic=1279.300;last_msg=354165
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:21:22 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:31 PM »
Thanks for answering G-unit but I still don't feel at fault for in the post I responded to you from you were quoting Silva not Esteves. http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=post;quote=354104;topic=1279.300;last_msg=354165

You're right, I apologise. I was working from more than one statement the time. Now I've completely lost track of what I was saying and why.  @)(++(*

I think my point was that the tracking along the path and the interest in certain apartments by the dogs were equally valid [or equally invalid].
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »
You're right, I apologise. I was working from more than one statement the time. Now I've completely lost track of what I was saying and why.  @)(++(*

I think my point was that the tracking along the path and the interest in certain apartments by the dogs were equally valid [or equally invalid].
Thanks for that.  I think both dog handlers agree the alerts weren't strong enough to indicate that they need take the dogs inside these apartments where there was a partial alert.  We'll never know if there was a reason for this backdown but it was a mistake IMO.  But we can't turn the clock back now.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

ferryman

  • Guest
Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2016, 09:48:54 AM »
Thanks for that.  I think both dog handlers agree the alerts weren't strong enough to indicate that they need take the dogs inside these apartments where there was a partial alert.  We'll never know if there was a reason for this backdown but it was a mistake IMO.  But we can't turn the clock back now.

I don't know what the dogs alerted to.

But it wasn't anything to do with Madeleine.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »
I don't know what the dogs alerted to.

But it wasn't anything to do with Madeleine.
Well it may have been or may not have been so when I look for a solution I think all possible solutions have to be looked at.  So it was in an exercise like that that I came up with a new theory.
"But (if) it wasn't anything to do with Madeleine."  What was it then?  Was it just the dirty dishes?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
I don't know what the dogs alerted to.

But it wasn't anything to do with Madeleine.

Oh, hello! You'll be pleased to learn that we have discovered during your absence that you were mistaken; tracker dogs were used in the GNR search on 4th May at 11.30pm.

If you read the posts since you disappeared you will see that the dogs didn't alert. The handler's opinion was that his tracker dog followed the scent from the towel, however, so if the scent belonged to Madeleine....................:

Taking into account the aforementioned result, he states that it can be confirmed with a certain degree of certainty that the missing minor passed that location, on the day of the events or before that date.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PEDRO_ESTEVES.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

  • Guest
Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2016, 10:29:36 AM »
Oh, hello! You'll be pleased to learn that we have discovered during your absence that you were mistaken; tracker dogs were used in the GNR search on 4th May at 11.30pm.

If you read the posts since you disappeared you will see that the dogs didn't alert. The handler's opinion was that his tracker dog followed the scent from the towel, however, so if the scent belonged to Madeleine....................:

Taking into account the aforementioned result, he states that it can be confirmed with a certain degree of certainty that the missing minor passed that location, on the day of the events or before that date.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PEDRO_ESTEVES.htm

Quote
[The handler] states it should be noted that the second dog may have been conditioned by the original path taken by the first sniffer dog as he may have smelled the first dog's path taken.

The quote above suggests a (possible) explanation of why the two dogs reacted the same.

None of this detracts from the central point: the Portuguese deployed air-scenting dogs (that do not track the individual and unique scent).

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2016, 10:38:41 AM »
The quote above suggests a (possible) explanation of why the two dogs reacted the same.

None of this detracts from the central point: the Portuguese deployed air-scenting dogs (that do not track the individual and unique scent).
No these two dog were trained to track individual scents.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2016, 10:57:43 AM »
The quote above suggests a (possible) explanation of why the two dogs reacted the same.

None of this detracts from the central point: the Portuguese deployed air-scenting dogs (that do not track the individual and unique scent).

Three dogs followed the same path on 5 separate outings. One patrol dog [with some tracking training] at 2.30am on 4th, following the scent on the pink blanket. Two TRACKING dogs at 11,30pm on 4th following the scent on the towel, repeated on 8th by the two TRACKING DOGS. What a coincidence!!!

I admire your tenacity in sticking to your beliefs, but it won't wash, I'm afraid. The evidence is quite clear.

 *&*%£ *&*%£ *&*%£
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2016, 11:40:37 AM »
Three dogs followed the same path on 5 separate outings. One patrol dog [with some tracking training] at 2.30am on 4th, following the scent on the pink blanket. Two TRACKING dogs at 11,30pm on 4th following the scent on the towel, repeated on 8th by the two TRACKING DOGS. What a coincidence!!!

I admire your tenacity in sticking to your beliefs, but it won't wash, I'm afraid. The evidence is quite clear.

 *&*%£ *&*%£ *&*%£
What inference do you take from that?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2016, 01:26:41 PM »
I don't know what the dogs alerted to.

But it wasn't anything to do with Madeleine.

Please provide a cite for that statement.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.