Is that extracts from the the "Kate McCann Diary"? I felt this was not needing any translation "Asked if they could ever forgive the person who had taken Madeleine, Mr McCann said: "We don't know who's taken her, we don't know why they've taken her and we don't know what's happened to Madeleine, so it's very difficult to forgive in advance." It doesn't read like a diary entry.
No, if I quote something I give links.
The point was that they had an accusatory interview with the leaders of the investigation on 8th August at which it was made clear they were under suspicion. Three days later Sousa said they weren't under suspicion. The McCanns said;
The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have said they are "heartened" that the Portuguese police do not consider them suspects in the case.
BBC News 12th August
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id11.htmlOf course they knew after the interview they'd had that the police did suspect them;
I was in no doubt now that they were trying to make me say I’d killed Madeleine or knew what had happened to her.
[Madeleine]
Your quote is from an interview the McCanns gave to the BBC's Heaven and Earth TV show.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id11.html