That is quite possible Gunit.
Unfortunately my original post has been wiped along with SILs challenge
But even if that were the case, incorrectly translated statements are capable of being a source of much disinformation and mischief making on the internet.
I have hard copy evidence of a translation of a processos that has two versions, but I cannot share because only one stands now. Neither version is the same as the original PT version which I also have a copy of.
Who thinks it OK to translate incorrectly, then change translations?
I wasn't challenging you, Sadie. I was interested in whether someone from that particular forum claimed to have done official translations, which would mean inside knowledge.
As to why non-official translations change, that is easy. Our amateur translator (AT) is slogging through dozens of statements, translating for no charge but involving huge time and effort. AT hits the Aoife Smith statement, tries his/her best, and the end result is it looks like Aoife said Smithman was going at a fast pace, when in fact her statement says nothing of the kind.
Once this becomes a bone of contention, it is necessary to back and think very carefully about the translation. And to revise it if a revision is required.