Yes that was a better example. Yes but consider what could have happened if the words "‘F**k*ng t*ss*r . . " had not kept her in "control", she might have dealt to the cop!
Doing that, she said, kept her strong. If you're not strong you're weak. I interpret that as saying it helped her to control her weakness, not her temper. If we are overcome by weakness we break down, not attack.
When she was questioned by Neves and Encarnação previously she definitely broke down;
Neves stated bluntly that they didn’t believe my version of events. It ‘didn’t fit’ with what they knew. Didn’t fit? What did they know? I was sobbing now, well past the stage of silent tears and stifled sniffs. I began to wail hysterically, drawing breath in desperate gasps. Why did I think Madeleine had been alive when
she was taken from the apartment? they persisted. I explained between sobs that there had been nothing
to suggest otherwise; no indication that she might have come to harm....was incapable of looking at anyone properly: my own eyes were so swollen and sore that I was struggling to keep them from closing completely.
[Madeleine]
Perhaps that was what she was trying to avoid this time?