Author Topic: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?  (Read 118852 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Lace

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »
II find yours and others unquestioning belief in the mccanns RIDICULOUS.

Shall I tell you why your comment was ridiculous to me Stephen?

You said in your profession you have come across people who have in their eyes told the truth but have committed perjury.

Well,   you believe what Amaral has said and he COMMITTED PERJURY !!


ferryman

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2015, 11:12:08 AM »
II find yours and others unquestioning belief in the mccanns RIDICULOUS.

Including the Portuguese prosecutors, who could find no evidence of wrong-doing by the McCanns, the Portuguese judge who presided over the libel trial completed in April and found in favour of the McCanns, Mark Harrison, who said that nothing of an incriminating nature could be inferred against anyone known in the wash-up to the shelved enquiry, even Martin Grime, who said that no incriminating inference could be made from the dogs' alerts.

None of them knows.

Only Stephen25000.

Odd, that ....

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
As I have said before, I can only speak for myself. I wasn't convinced by their story but I don't tell lies about them. I put a lot of effort into supporting what I say by reference to the PJ files or to direct quotes. If what I quote suggests their story wasn't true that's because they contradicted themselves.

There are many opinions expressed, but only on the internet which cannot be silenced. An attempt was made with 'the dossier' debacle but it failed spectacularly.

Why should I feel empathy with people when I don't know what the truth is? I will leave that to those who believe without question everything this couple say.

So am I right in thinking that if you were publically libelled on a regular basis you would do nothing about it?  Really?

As I have said many times before I believe the McCanns and their friends told the truth.  Taking into account the fallibility of memory however,  it cannot be guaranteed that what they remember is always 100% accurate.

It certainly is not a case of blindly believing every word they say just because they are the McCanns.  Far from it.


The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Lace

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »
I judge by results, as I have said before.

What results?   The investigation hasn't finished yet.

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
I'm with you on that, Ferryman.

Personally speaking I would be suing the socks off one or two of the worst petty offenders pour encourager les autres.

But I think that is the point ... they are petty and irritating singly and not really worth the bother.  Collectively that would be a different issue.

The Drs McCann have one focus and that is MADELEINE.  Cruel and hurtful as the jibes may be they are nothing to the loss of their child and the present opportunity of finding her.

"Sensitive ???"  I think they have every reason to be ... and the fact they are functioning as a happy cohesive family unit (despite the huge gap in their hearts) leading full and productive lives ... is the biggest slap in the face they can deliver to their detractors.

Of course you both do.

You're unadulterated mccann SUPPORTERS TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL ELSE.

The loss of the child, which would not have happened but for their abject failure to look after their children.

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
What results?   The investigation hasn't finished yet.

Have they found Madeleine, or how she disappeared ?

Answers on a post card.

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:18 AM »
Including the Portuguese prosecutors, who could find no evidence of wrong-doing by the McCanns, the Portuguese judge who presided over the libel trial completed in April and found in favour of the McCanns, Mark Harrison, who said that nothing of an incriminating nature could be inferred against anyone known in the wash-up to the shelved enquiry, even Martin Grime, who said that no incriminating inference could be made from the dogs' alerts.

None of them knows.

Only Stephen25000.

Odd, that ....


You could add to that - The Oporto team, SY,  the coroner at BL's inquest, Newspaper's legal teams and Kerry Needham and Cora Jones.

According to Stephen he knows better than any of them and they are all wrong.



The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
You could add to that - The Oporto team, SY,  the coroner at BL's inquest, Newspaper's legal teams and Kerry Needham and Cora Jones.

According to Stephen he knows better than any of them and they are all wrong.

It's not just me.

How pathetic to say so in the first place.


Meanwhile what have the great investigative team found  ?


Mmmm.

Offline Brietta

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 11:37:27 AM »
All you come up with is cliches and the 'poor me' mccann act.

That wore thin a long time ago.

The thing which seems to annoy the people who assault Madeleine's campaign on a daily basis is the fact that the last thing in the world they equate with her parents is "the 'poor me' mMccann act"

It is the fact that the Drs McCann continue to function and contribute greatly to others despite circumstances which would have crushed most.

Their private innermost feelings must remain a matter for conjecture ... but I think it can be safely assumed their daily first waking thought and hope is for Madeleine and news of her.

The enormity of their situation possibly puts the petty jibes of nonentities with nothing better to do with their time into proper context.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2015, 11:41:21 AM »
The thing which seems to annoy the people who assault Madeleine's campaign on a daily basis is the fact that the last thing in the world they equate with her parents is "the 'poor me' mMccann act"

It is the fact that the Drs McCann continue to function and contribute greatly to others despite circumstances which would have crushed most.

Their private innermost feelings must remain a matter for conjecture ... but I think it can be safely assumed their daily first waking thought and hope is for Madeleine and news of her.

The enormity of their situation possibly puts the petty jibes of nonentities with nothing better to do with their time into proper context.


drsmccann made their choice over 8 years ago.

Madeleine suffered the consequences of that choice.

The mccanns and the mccanns alone, are responsible for their failings.




ferryman

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2015, 11:42:33 AM »
It's not just me.

How pathetic to say so in the first place.


Meanwhile what have the great investigative team found  ?


Mmmm.

Nothing against the McCanns or their friends.

After that, we're guessing ....

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »
Nothing against the McCanns or their friends.

After that, we're guessing ....

No one in the frame.

No Madeleine and no trace of how she disappeared.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »
So am I right in thinking that if you were publically libelled on a regular basis you would do nothing about it?  Really?

As I have said many times before I believe the McCanns and their friends told the truth.  Taking into account the fallibility of memory however,  it cannot be guaranteed that what they remember is always 100% accurate.

It certainly is not a case of blindly believing every word they say just because they are the McCanns.  Far from it.

Did i say I would do nothing if I was libelled? I don't remember saying that, are you making an assumption?

You believe the McCanns and their friends told the truth and that is your right, just as it is mine to disbelieve them. If you don't believe every word they say, perhaps you could give an example of something they have said which you don't believe?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »

drsmccann made their choice over 8 years ago.

Madeleine suffered the consequences of that choice.

The mccanns and the mccanns alone, are responsible for their failings.

 ... and in your opinion that is enough justification to allow people to make sometimes quite unbalanced referrals to them on a daily basis? with Madeleine the sacrificial lamb on the alter of prejudice against her parents.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2015, 11:49:51 AM »
As far as the McCanns are concerned there is only one possibility as to what happened to their daughter. They spent all their time on 3rd/4th May on the telephone telling everyone they could think of that Madeleine had been abducted. They told the Portuguese police the same thing. They have steadfastly repeated the story over and over and over again since. They have never explained why they're so sure; they just knew. They've never explained why woke and wandered was impossible; it just was. Not only are they sure she was abducted, they're sure she's still alive and able to be found. Why? because there's no evidence that she's dead. Well, who knows, perhaps other parents would be able to believe for years that all the above is true. Kerry Needham is in a very similar situation.

People who aren't involved are likely to be pessimistic. Statistically children are unlikely to survive but that's hard for parents to accept, and who can blame them for hanging onto hope? Not me. Let them carry on hoping, even if I can't share it. I don't have a problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is the insistence that they are right and that only their opinion should be spread by the media and by social networks. Kerry Needham accepts that some people disagree with her and she accepts that they have the freedom to express their opinions. I have seen alternative possibilities being explored in relation to her son, and I expect she has too.

The problem with the McCanns is their absolute refusal to allow other opinions to be expressed. They want anyone online who doesn't agree with them to be punished. They sue anyone who says things which damage their reputation. When they do interviews all questions are screened. Their whole aim seems to be to protect their reputations. Why else employ PR companies? Their idea of searching seems to be to get others to do it.

I would nominate that post as the post of the day if we had one.   The biggest difference between the Maddie case and Ben's case is that in the former the parents were made official suspects with one of them refusing to answer some pretty straight forward questions. The Needhams were never made formal suspects in the disappearance of their own child if I recall correctly?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:53:17 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!